US Tour Setlist

maidenpriest

Apr 10, 2008
I figured I would create a thread for any sets on the US tour. Really hoping someone can post one tonight from Philadelphia.

Of Sins and Shadows
Domination
Serpent's Kiss
The End of Innocence
Paradise Lost
Smoke & Mirrors
Eve of Seduction
Dehumanized
Set the World on Fire
The Odyssey

Not sure if the show is over but that's how it is so far.

Of Sins and Shadows
Domination
Serpent's Kiss
The End of Innocence
Paradise Lost
Smoke & Mirrors
Eve of Seduction
Dehumanized
Set the World on Fire
The Odyssey

Not sure if the show is over but that's how it is so far.

Holy CRAP, are they really playing the Odyssey?! Please let 'em do it again in NY tonight!! I'll have my fingers crossed!

Aargh! DAMMIT Sunovabich! I went to 2 shows in the UK and they didn't play it! (not at the third one either, but they did play Immigrant Song and I missed that! :( )

I. Need. To. Hear. It. Live.

Phew....

Rather hear Sea of Lies, Evolution and Inferno over The Odyssey. oh well.

They played Sea of Lies at EACH of the 9 shows I've seen throughout the years. Inferno's been played at every show since the Odyssey came out, and Evolution I've heard a million times too. Whereas the Odyssey was only played at one of the 9 shows I've seen. Besides being an incredible song and probably one of my favorite songs of all time, isn't it cool to hear something you haven't already heard live 100 times over?

I like this set very much, considering the time limits they had. I hope if they record another live CD, it'll be 2 discs like the last one. I have my fingers crossed for Albany on the fall east coast tour.

They went on at about 945.

The show was killer. Russell was in top form as usual, and he seemed even more relaxed on stage than he normally does.

I didn't care for Stygian or Blackguard. Especially Blackguard. Talk about generic screaming metal... it was godawful

They played Sea of Lies at EACH of the 9 shows I've seen throughout the years. Inferno's been played at every show since the Odyssey came out, and Evolution I've heard a million times too. Whereas the Odyssey was only played at one of the 9 shows I've seen. Besides being an incredible song and probably one of my favorite songs of all time, isn't it cool to hear something you haven't already heard live 100 times over?

Don;t get me wrong I love the Odyssey but I feel that they drop too much other material just to play it and I don't think its worth it. I rather have them drop Serpent's Kiss or Eve of Seduction and put Sea of Lies or Evolution back in the set. Paradise Lost has been way overplayed and I think it is lame that they drop classics to play The Odyssey.

I was hoping they'd drop a few of the PL songs, or at least swap them for some OTHER PL songs (Seven, plz). But overall I was happy with the set

My way of thinking is this. They probably won't have the chance to pull out the Odyssey once the true Iconoclast tour starts. Therefore, I'm perfectly fine with them playing it now, because I know it will more then likely be some time before they play it again. I do agree though that there's a bit too many Paradise Lost songs in the mix though. I'd say drop all of them (At least as fixtures in the set for the most part) besides Set The World On Fire, and maybe Domination. Then, with the time that's freed up, rotate the setlist each night with songs from other albums. I'm not saying rarities or anything special necessarily though, but the rotations would get fans off their back a bit more for not changing up the setlist. I know they could pull out songs like Sea Of Lies, Inferno, Evolution, and Communion And The Oracle among others. That said, I know they'll put on a great show regardless of the setlist. :)