US tour with Katatonia and Swallow The Sun!!!

The meet and greet is organized for Katatonia. I'm not sure about before the show [I suppose you could meet them just outside the venue or something] but they organize an unofficial meet and greet at the merchandise stall after their set [during and before Katatonia]. Maybe this extends to after the show, but I left just as Katatonia was wrapping up.

went to the 9/11 show, GREAT show. Talked with kobi for a while and briefly talked with Sassi, seemed like great guys.

This tour has been awesome so far, been to every show so far too. Baltimore had shitty sound for all the bands and I was so late getting into NYC that I missed Orphaned Land but other than that everything has been great.

Let us now how the show was for you EveofAbyss. Yep, nothing but amazing stories here. And remember there is a meet& greet afterwards at the merch stand. As far as I know they do that every show.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the meet n' greet. I am working on a little gift for them, so hopefully Portland isn't the one date where the meet n' greet doesn't happen. :D

Caught the Chicago show last Friday and was once again blown away by what an amazing band Orphaned Land are and how they almost effortlessly energize the crowd. I had heard they were swapping spots with Swallow the Sun, so they went on before Katatonia, which proved to be a very nice, much welcomed change of pace for my ears. I like StS and all, but I was far more interested in OL's set. They're great on disc, but their live performance is on a wholly different level.

Also picked up a few shirts from the OL merch table; however, they've reminded me once again just how much my ability to read Hebrew has evaporated from my tiny little mind, so I'm rather clueless as to what is printed on the backs of two of the shirts. If anyone is able to translate, it'd be much appreciated.

I hope this tour proves to be a successful run for Orphaned Land and that they are willing and able to return to the US somewhere down the line.

So I saw them on Thursday when they came to Portland, and I really can only echo what has already been said. I had already been an Orphaned Land fanatic, but that was only from listening to their music. Seeing them live added an entire new element to my appreciation of the band. They are so energetic and positive, and fun! Orphaned Land were the main draw for me, of all the touring bands. I have seen Katatonia before and am not a fan, and I had not heard of Swallow the Sun (and while enjoying their music found their live set and performance to be rather boring), but Orphaned Land more than made up for the rest of the bands' lack. They played very well, bringing the multilayered aspects of the recorded material to a live setting, playing with a positive energy that was absolutely infectious. The crowd really got into them, even though most of the people in Portland hadn't heard of them before.

I loved their selection of songs, was so excited to see songs like "Sapari", "Birth of the Three" and "Norra El Norra" included. Man, they really just blew the roof off the place from the first song and didn't let up at all. It's also nice to see a band play and know that they are having fun doing it.

Also, a little side note, I had mentioned making something for the guys. I made them beaded bracelets (seen here), which I had the opportunity to give them before they played. I didn't really know what to expect from them, as far as personalities go, when meeting, but it warmed my heart to see how genuine and cool they were, how much the gifts meant to them. They were all very receptive, thankful and gracious. It was just awesome to meet them and know that they were just as thankful for the opportunity to play for the audience as the audience was thankful for the opportunity to see the band. That kind of appreciation seems rare amongst artists.

Orphaned Land and Katatonia were amazing last night at the Whisky in LA. My first time there too. It's such a tiny place. My friend and I came really early and we weren't sure about the parking (he almost got his car towed away because there was no one in the parking lot to pay, but he went back to check, just as the parking lot people that now decided to show up were calling the towing company to tow cars out).

Anyways, I went to the front of the venue and BAM right around the corner were two members of Katatonia so I got to take a picture with Jonas. I wished I took one with Anders but I didn't think of it right way, but I did meet both of them. So then I turn around and I see Uri in the middle of the street taking pictures, so he sees me in my Orphaned Land shirt so I talk to him a little bit and took a picture....then I saw Matti and should have asked to take a picture too, but for some reason I didn't. A little later I saw Kobi and took a picture with him. So all that was really cool. I've never met any band members of any band I listen to. I didn't really say much...I'm awful at making conversation even with people that I know well, haha. After the show I saw them again at their merch booth. They are all very nice guys and were very happy to be there.

But their set was amazing despite being only 30 minutes or so. All of the bands were great last night, but OL took it to another level. Now I really wish I had also gotten tickets for the show in Santa Ana the day before. It still hasn't hit me what I witnessed last night.