USA DEATH METAL VS.. THE WORLD

The US rules brutal death uncontested. Whether you like it or not, it is still death metal. I also think the US has the best old school DM, although that is far closer, and I think it could go either way.
I find it odd you just mentioned old school DM and yet you're not into old school Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Death, or Obituary. The USA Regular Death Metal Scene is the best in the world.

Bloodbath fucking suck..The only death metal I've ever liked that came out of Sweden was Amorphis....The Karelian Isthmus is a death metal masterpiece, I don't really care about any of their later works.

Finland.

A lot of people seem quick to dismiss the US. While that's your opinion and it certainly may ring true for other genres---Covenant, Imperial Doom, Retribution, Legion, Cause of Death, Seven Churches, Onward to Golgotha, Scream Bloody Gore, Here in After. Those are some of the older albums that really got me into death metal, so I'd say there was definitely a time when the States could hold their own against the rest of the world, no matter how many gems Scandinavia churned out at the same time.

As far as contemporary death metal goes, I'm not sure. There are still good American acts, but there are also a number of other countries making a name for themselves these days compared to then.

European death metal is better by a long shot. Brutal Death metal ruined the US death metal scene and it can go fuck itself. I do find a good ammount of old school US death metal to be great just not as great as death metal from europe. Sweden has Bloodbath and Nominon who are ten times better than anything else current that is in the US and the US scene is a joke.

Poland only has a handful of good bands.

I find it odd you just mentioned old school DM and yet you're not into old school Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Death, or Obituary. The USA Regular Death Metal Scene is the best in the world.
It's not that I am not into it, I am just not into it as much as brutal death, which I enjoy more. CC, MA, Suffocation, Obit etc. are why I think the US oldschool scene can stand toe to toe with any European one.

And then take population into account. The US appears to have the best metal because of its massive population. Each region of the country, such as California and Florida, equate in population to a country such as Poland or Finland, which have metal scenes at least equally qualified.

vs any one country, maybe. but i dont know if the US can take on the whole damn globe!

and also, i want to add that every group of gothic teenagers in Dallas county who think that slayer and slipknot are death metal, have made a death metal band for no better reason than they dont have a good singer. so unless you can name a couple of really notable DM bands from dallas, please do not count it as US.

Population is irrelevant. We are not talking about best DM scene per person we are talking about the best DM scene.

More people = more bands. It's that simple. Belgium or Finland can't compete with the U.S. because the limited population can only allow for one or two strong metal scenes.

In the US, there are enough people, across large enough terriory to allow for multiple scenes to spring up independently of each other. People who claim the U.S. is the best at death metal should take into account that they may be just pitting the collective death metal scene of the US against that of another country.

That is why, when comparing U.S. death metal to that of another country, one should specify which regional scene of the US that is contending in the comparison. It's not fair to combine the Florida scene with the New York and Texas scene and compare it to Belgium's, for example.

Yes, the U.S. wins in terms of diversity and output of quality death metal bands, but that is due largely to the fact that it's such a large country with different regions, which in a social sense function as individual countries.

European death metal is better by a long shot. Brutal Death metal ruined the US death metal scene and it can go fuck itself. I do find a good ammount of old school US death metal to be great just not as great as death metal from europe. Sweden has Bloodbath and Nominon who are ten times better than anything else current that is in the US and the US scene is a joke.

Greys, tell us how you REALLY feel about brutal death metal.