USBM

they probably are. they say they live in the woods and try to live a sustainable lifestyle. take my word, sustainable agriculture is a huge major at this school, and people who are interested in it are usually douche bags (about 65% of the time).

I'm a big fan of Nachtmystium. I recommend you check out Eulogy IV and the more recent Instinct/Decay. There's a certain quality to the songwriting he developed on latter albums that I think makes it stand out.

Right. From what I understand, the material found on "Instinct : Decay" is vastly different to previous material, only because they moved away from the corpse paint conventional BM type stuff. It's one of those situations where their latest album stands alone. (I own it, but have yet to fully test drive it. That said, the samples I heard at The End were great and it has been given a lot of praise in both non-metal and metal circles, in a similar fashion to, say, Amesouers. Both artists are heavilly influenced by Joy Division.)

I thought Nachtmystium was already pretty good as of the "Demise" album.

Haven't heard "Instinct : Decay" yet but it sounds like I'd like it for fuckin sure!

And just so this isnt a thread which lists bands: What is your opinon of USBM? I only ask because some feel it's second rate due to the US not having deep ancestral claims and culture.

are there any USBM bands that use the pagan/non jollyfolk style?

I get kinda tired of the satanic "blergh!!!11 FUCK CHRIST!111" styled bm bands

So, anybody else heard the samples from the upcoming Nachtmystium/Lurker of Chalice split? http://www.myspace.com/nachtmystium

I'm a big fan of USMB like this but I'm curious what others will think.

yes jolly good shit here, I like the brooding atmosphere, the use of clean vocals. Not too fond of the fast-paced part in the middle espacially the way it kicks in, but that's a minor flaw in an otherwise promising song! Dying to hear the LoC side of this.

btw have you heard the Avichi debut album? I think it's from a former Nachtmystium guy. Worth the try at any rate, kind of riff-driven decadent BM with a raw "coldwave" feel à la Swans/Neurosis.

Profanatica has a new album out Disgusting Blasphemies Against God. The new Nightbringer album is alright. Too much blasting for my taste but they should be decent live. The venue is in northern NJ.

hordesofdarknessIII.jpg

Aside from them fucking up the beat, the crowd scares the shit out of me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwSA7L_aKzA&feature=related
You mean the heiling? There was less than I expected. This falls under what I and Lurch was talking about in the other thread, it looks like we're watching an on-stage rehearsal. Maybe GBK thought looking funny would be enough?
That said, this song is so mega fucking good and has one of the BEST guitar solos that they skipped for some reason.