Verizon FIOS.

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
Assholes.

There website is a piece of shit. Seriously dead links gallor it's glitchy with firefox so I had to use that piece of shit internet exsplorer. Then I input my credit card and it's declined :mad:.

So then I decide to just call them up, because I can pay for my current broadband service with just a bank account so I figure you know it would be easy.

Not easy not only is the bitch helping me a fucking idiot moron she tries to sell me shit that I absolutly do not need. Well my card get declined again and I say fuck it maybe I will just have my fionce' do it (maybe with better luck) and the bitch has the audacity to say "well I can call her for you". I say I DO NOT WANT YOU CALLING MY GIRL AT WORK.

Frustrated.

Fios it supposed to woop the shit out of roadrunner (witch is rated at 5mbps download rate vs. fios at 15mbps) so I fucking want it, and I want it bad.

I want the 20mbps package though (I am currently at 3mbps). I want it fast as fuck.

We started out with the FIOS 5m/2m plan with a scheduled upgrade to the 15m/2m plan a month later. (Something having to do with their in-person sales rep not knowing his arse from his clipboard, which I suspect to be in regular danger of being violently brought into close physical contact.)

During the third month we started thinking, "Say, wasn't this supposed to have tripled in speed at some point?" We thought they had forgotten, but it turned out they had switched us to the 15m long ago and we couldn't even tell the difference. I spent two hours trying to find a bandwidth meter site that would confirm our connection was even capable of the original 5mb, much less 15m. I finally found one that clocked us at 14 and change. (Note: It was not Verizon's own handy dandy FIOS meter page.)

So far I gotta say, FIOS -- either plan -- is indistinguishable from what Comcast used to give us, in terms of both speed and general connection (un)reliability. The digital TV quality is way fucking better, though, I'll give 'em that.

Basically although you would think 3mbps woud be fast it is not :erk:

I do not want roadrunner, I hate time warner with a passion.

The reason for wanting 20/5 is the fact that I am running 5-6 machines off this network. And yes if everyone is downloading something it's noticable (especially if playing xbox live at the same time).

We thought they had forgotten, but it turned out they had switched us to the 15m long ago and we couldn't even tell the difference.

So far I gotta say, FIOS -- either plan -- is indistinguishable from what Comcast used to give us, in terms of both speed and general connection (un)reliability.

At a certain point you are at the mercy of what is going on in the pipeline and on the other side of the connection.
On a side note, I'm starting to think of the "off-topic tavern" as the GuitarGodgt moan-zone.

egan. said:
At a certain point you are at the mercy of what is going on in the pipeline and on the other side of the connection.

Exactly. That's the sort of thing I routinely fail to drill into my relative's heads when they call me for tech assistance.

"But it says I'm connected to the internet at 100mb."

"For the gobzillionth time: that isn't the internet, it's your local network! That just means you're getting signal from the router!"

I feel like the woman in the mobile ads, berating her children for throwing away Rollover Minutes. "Yeah, Mom, but those are from October." "THEY WORK THE SAME!!"