Vh1 40 most awesomely bad metal videos

Evil C.

Jan 19, 2003
houston, tx
Visit site
They are showing a special on vh1 right now that features the 40 most awesomely bad metal videos. funny, funny stuff. And riki rachtman is hosting.

they are repeating it again tonite.

and happy turkey day! Everyone have a good nap!

Evil C.

haha yeah... i watched this after the feast last night. Everything was perfect except for "Mother" by Danzig... which was out of line. "Final Countdown" is the perfect song for #1. What total shit.

What videos did they show? Oh nevermind I wouldn't recognize any, I never see videos.

That one Winger video where that chick arches her back because she wants to do it, man that video rocks.

Riki Rachtman though, what a cunt. He leeches of bands like Faster Pussycat, Motley Crue etc back in the day, sets up the Cathouse Club on the sunset strip, lands a gig on MTV....and then 15 years later, he's presenting "the worst of metal" where he's dismissing Whitesnake and Britny Fox.

It would have been MUCH cooler to actually hear metal artists (or ex-metal artists) look back at some of those things and laugh about them.

I will always defend Rachtman because of the direct association to Headbanger's Ball. Even though he's an utter tool.

JayKeeley said:
It would have been MUCH cooler to actually hear metal artists (or ex-metal artists) look back at some of those things and laugh about them.
They showed that documentary When Rock Ruled The World again on TV the other week. Even though it wasn't too much removed from just being a piss-take, and the narrator was full of shit, they had genuine rockers on there talking bout it. Lemmy, Cronos, Bruce Dickinson, the Saxon bassist, Rick Parfitt etc...good stuff.
I can't stand it when they get critics who never listened to a Metal album and act like they know everything about it. Wankers.

Anyway, I dunno about Europe, but them performing The Final Countdown on Top Of The Pops is one of the coolest videos I've seen...

Anyone got a list?

Oh come on! Fucking hell Europe got mentioned TWICE in a fucking POSITIVE way in this thread!?

Battle of suckiest SHIT evAr, Kiss v. Europe!

(unless Marksveld was being ironic and I totally missed it)

yes,

the only guy interviewed on that show that has anything to do with the metal scene is scott ian...not some comedians I have never heard of, or the donnas, fer chris sakes.

evil c.

Evil C. said:
yes,

the only guy interviewed on that show that has anything to do with the metal scene is scott ian...not some comedians I have never heard of, or the donnas, fer chris sakes.

evil c.

how very true. every single person had the same reason for hating songs too, "FEELINGS? THATS NOT METAL! METAL IS ABOUT SATAN AND CUTTING PEOPLE".

The only part I saw with Scott Ian was him defending Whitesnake. Of course, he probably knows the history of it all going back to Deep Purple & the rest of the 70's, and doesn't just look at Whitesnake as 'that 80's hair band with Tawny Kittean in their two pop videos'.

As for Europe, they have a whole history before "The Final Countdown" debacle too. If their first two albums aren't 'eavy metal, then neither are Judas Priest or Yngwie Malsmteen. Unleash the fookin' fury! :heh:

Fuck VH1. They're the sort of channel that focus on Paris Hilton and Ashlee Simspson. Which is why Riki Rachtman should be hung up by his balls, the fat balding sellout that he has become.

One Inch Man said:
Oh come on! Fucking hell Europe got mentioned TWICE in a fucking POSITIVE way in this thread!?

Battle of suckiest SHIT evAr, Kiss v. Europe!

(unless Marksveld was being ironic and I totally missed it)

Oh, I was attacking it. I hate Europe (band).

:lol: & :loco: @ Ayeka.

I was watching a live Primus DVD last night and realized they are one of the greatest bands on the planet, and at times a whole lot heavier than 99% of metal I've ever heard. Therefore, it was a Metal Video.

One Inch Man said:
:lol: & :loco: @ Ayeka.

I was watching a live Primus DVD last night and realized they are one of the greatest bands on the planet, and at times a whole lot heavier than 99% of metal I've ever heard. Therefore, it was a Metal Video.

FUCK ME! I forgot about the Primus DVD, I must absolutely go out and get that.