Victory for Voyager!

I thought voyager was fantastic but I, again, was just so tired that I couldn't quite get into the true spirit of the festival at the time. Extremely nice guys, AND GAL! Security had to tell me to move it along cause we, female guitarist and bass player i assume, started talking about accents which lead to European football which led to a (fun) argument about Scottish Football as the female guitarist is scottish and a rangers fan who said it was simply the best and then I said it was the most boring football and then she said it beats Australian football (euro style) as it was non-existent and we both laughed at that. It was just amazing to talk to a band that actually watched football :D

Every year there is at least one band at ProgPower that results in me having WAY more fun than I anticipated. This year, Voyager was that band for me. SO FUCKING GOOD. I got a pic with the singer in the lobby after their set. He is SO FREAKING NICE. One of the nicest musicians I've had the pleasure to talk to.

I was extremely happy to know I only missed one or two of their songs. I didn't realize how behind the stage was running - and I'm really happy to stay up till 3AM because I caught most of their set!!! :D

It inspired me to immediately pick up their new album, and I would have had a t-shirt, too but I didn't see any.

Which is **GREAT** by the way.

It inspired me to immediately pick up their new album, and I would have had a t-shirt, too but I didn't see any.

Which is **GREAT** by the way.

I agree. I listened to The Meaning of I on the drive home. It is stellar. The Meaning of I obviously served as a cathartic exercise for the band. The songs are tougher and more introspective than many of their predecessors. Kind of like really great blues music, there's a strange kind of uplift when listening to someone pour out their heart into music.

When I chose to sponsor Voyager - it was based just on the music and supporting ProgPower in general. Did not have much of an idea of their live performance nor did I know the kind of 'people' that make up the band.

Wow. I cannot fully put into words what a home run this was. First to experience what, for me, is one of the top three performances I have seen during 8 ProgPowers. (Brainstorm - PPV and Sabaton - PPX are the other two).

...and to meet the 'people' of the band. These are some of the coolest, most down to earth people you could hope to hang out with over a two day period.

Daniel, Alex, Simone, Scott, Ash, and Halinka (the official 'historian' of the band :D) - thank you for making this the pinnacle of my ProgPowers to date.

I also have been listening to the new CD from Voyager and Bamafan nails the description. Daniel said the CD was very introspective for the Band. I think this CD will be in my player for quite some time.

"I See Grey"

I agree with all of the above. I've become good friends with the band, especially Alex through Facebook and it was great to meet him in person and to see them dominate during their set and get a standing ovation AND encore! It was totally worth missing Labyrinth to go out to The Vortex for dinner with the band. I haven't laughed that hard in a loooong time. And the biggest surprise for me was on the plane ride home I discovered that Alex thanked me in the liner notes of the new cd! :cool:

I caught Danny at the Artmore, and told him I loved that they threw in the Terminator theme into the melody, and his eyes lit up like the sun. 3rd best performance behind Sabaton and Therion.

One of my favorites of the festival. So much fun, great sound and great people. I only hope we only get to see them again! My only regret is not getting to hang out with them more.

Just echoing the comments about Voyager. Incredible set, and a bunch of super cool people. They were my surprise band of the fest; while I had enjoyed "Lost" previously, I wasn't too familiar with them overall, and quite often I'm not as excited about the power-prog type stuff as most people at the fest. I'm damn glad I paid rapt attention throughout their set.

They were my favorite of the night, and my co-favorite (along with Forbidden) of the fest, as well as probably being in my top ten PPUSA performances ever. (I've been to 'em all.) Henceforth, I shall be putting them on my sponsorship bid every year. They have to be quite expensive to bring over all the way from Australia, but damn it, we need them back! :D

Perfect from start to finish. I didn't think I could like them more than I already did going into that set, and they proved me wrong. Way wrong.

This. I had lofty expectations for bands like Labyrinth, Red Circuit, Mob Rules - I expected to be rocked and I was. They were really awesome, truly the kind of bands I come to ProgPower (or is it Power Prog?) to hear.

Voyager I thought was going to be good. Really good. Maybe even Really REALLY good.

They surpassed that by a factor of 10. They had this "we are having so much fun up here, we will be disappointed if you don't have fun TOO" vibe.

Of my 3 ProgPowers thus far, this was one of my 5 favorite performances.

was totally worth missing Labyrinth to go out to The Vortex for dinner with the band. QUOTE]

So now you have to tell all of us which burgers each member of the band ordered.

Think Man, THINK!

Hahaha!!! That's eaaaaasy! At my table, Simone had the Hell Burger (also known as the "heck" burger..not that hot), Scott had the avacado burger and polished it off in about 2 minutes, and Alex had the coronary bypass (He was rightfully scared of the triple bypass! No bun, the burger is between two grilled cheese sandwiches! :ill:) 1/2 lb of burger, 4 slices of bacon, 4 slices of cheese and a fried egg! And yes he finished it! I have pictures on my Facebook page! :lol:

Alex had the coronary bypass (He was rightfully scared of the triple bypass! No bun, the burger is between two grilled cheese sandwiches! :ill:) 1/2 lb of burger, 4 slices of bacon, 4 slices of cheese and a fried egg! And yes he finished it! I have pictures on my Facebook page! :lol:

O_O

Truly, his stomach is a thing of metal legend..