Video of me playing Kissing the shadows solo...

Aug 9, 2005
Canada!!!
lol... it isn't very good, but I'd like feedback. It was recorded last January at my friends on his webcam. The quality of the video and sound is really bad and you should view it at like 50% or something so it aint so blurry... It's really sloppy in places and I fuck up a lot, but check it out.

Oh yeah... almost forgot to say that I'm playing along with guitar pro (minus the lead guitar)... And It's transposed to Standard... Because I couldn't tune down my floyd... but yeah... lol check it out.

http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1A9ME84PCENS60XHFK6BS4Z1O5

pretty fucking sweet . how long u bin playing? (so i kno how long itll take me to get that good)

gitrplaya4u said:
pretty fucking sweet . how long u bin playing? (so i kno how long itll take me to get that good)

thanks man!

I've been playing for 3 years, 3 months...

But at the time of the video, I was playing for 2 years, 5 months.

lol ive bin playin for longer and im not really close to that. mayb if i giv up my fucking epiphone (once i get money) i can get better.

gitrplaya4u said:
lol ive bin playin for longer and im not really close to that. mayb if i giv up my fucking epiphone (once i get money) i can get better.

haha nah man... dont worry about the type of guitar. Just practise practise practise like mad...

no really..the single cut out kills me. i need something new. i.e. my brothers ibanez rg320 plays so much better, but that his and i cant use it so ya kno

epiphone = shit. end of story.

but that wasnt too bad of playing...i could barely hear each individual note because of the sound quality but you seemed to nail it for the most part. i noticed your fucks ups that you mentioned though. how long did it take you to get the solo down though?

Totally dude. My guitar holds me back so much. I have a B.C. Rich Bronze Series Mocking Bird. Its really shit to start out with but its my first guitar, and I've been whaling and hackin' on it for the past 4 years its now a REALLY big peice of shit. Holds me back from playing any better. Once I get a job again I'll be saving up for the RR3 Randy Rhoads.... God thats a sexy speed beast.

Grimes said:
Totally dude. My guitar holds me back so much. I have a B.C. Rich Bronze Series Mocking Bird. Its really shit to start out with but its my first guitar, and I've been whaling and hackin' on it for the past 4 years its now a REALLY big peice of shit. Holds me back from playing any better. Once I get a job again I'll be saving up for the RR3 Randy Rhoads.... God thats a sexy speed beast.

why does everyone think the rr3s are so great? i played one and it was pretty terrible. what am i missing here?

Damm im so jelouse of that playing, being able to play like that must realy be fucking enjoyable, im just 1st year into guitar playing, fast slide-ons and sweeps are just not there yet :p not nearly even. so 1 year and 5 months still then i must be able to do that :p mmm I better go bleed some fingers

Enemy242 said:
why does everyone think the rr3s are so great? i played one and it was pretty terrible. what am i missing here?

rr3's are good for the price... It obviously isn't a "great" guitar or anything, but for the price it's pretty good.

Thanks for the comments by the way everyone!

Jani Laiho said:
epiphone = shit. end of story.

but that wasnt too bad of playing...i could barely hear each individual note because of the sound quality but you seemed to nail it for the most part. i noticed your fucks ups that you mentioned though. how long did it take you to get the solo down though?

i think i was practising it for about a week before i made that video

DeathPact said:
Damm im so jelouse of that playing, being able to play like that must realy be fucking enjoyable, im just 1st year into guitar playing, fast slide-ons and sweeps are just not there yet :p not nearly even. so 1 year and 5 months still then i must be able to do that :p mmm I better go bleed some fingers

It all depends on how much you practice, say you practice 6-8hrs then you might be there in 6 months! but say you practice 30min-1hr it might take you ages! COB might even been disbanded by the time you learn the solo so....

And the video is pretty cool, although it shouldn´t be such a huge file size for that quality (and it´s even compressed in AVI)

and at the end it kinda feels like you´re in a car wash (With the headbanging)

bobvex said:
www.videolan.org

A player with pretty much every codec you can think of.

The VLC is what i am talking about.

When I try to play with that, I get no error message, but still no video, only sound. I do have a codec pack also. I have tried Divx player, Mediaplayer and winamp. They all give the same error message.

I tried clicking the link on the error message, it took me to Indeo's website. It seems that the codec I'm missing, IV55, costs $14.95. :err: