Me playing Weeping Moon solo

Neil... that forest of october thing rocks man.. haha... it's cool to see someone doing the ending instead of the first solo (I'm workin on that right now... awesome thing).

Rock on all ameteurists...!!!

Right now my audio input to the computer is pretty much "afro-engineered" (to be PC) .. for distorted parts i just get a regular guitar cord and run it from my amp to the "line in" on my soundcard with a plug size adapter. For clean parts, i just go right from the guitar (or whatever pedal) into the computer the same way (my shitty Crate amp buzzes too much for clean sound). It actually produces some good tones and it can be mixed easily with Audio Studio. that sample was just shitty cause i killed the bitrate to make it work better with dial-up.

How do you run the lead from the amp into the computer?? Do you have a 'line out' function on your amplifier or something? I mean I can do that with my pedal, but it wouldn't work with my amplifier coz there is only one place to stick the lead...

yeah, my amp has a headphones jack and a signal-out jack, which both work. if there's no external output jacks on your amp, i dunno what to tell you unless you're really ambitious and want to start splicing wires all over the place... but then i'd know nothing about that anyway.

Well I didn't use a tab... I dragged the song over to my guitar tutor and he basically put it down for me... as far as I know there isn't a tab for it on the net. And nope, I didn't use any cool edit effects, it's just straight from my amplifier into the mic.

Id: Cheer up dude.. haha, it just means I have less of a life and spend more of my time with my guitar :p

Originally posted by Moonlapse
Well I didn't use a tab... I dragged the song over to my guitar tutor and he basically put it down for me... as far as I know there isn't a tab for it on the net. And nope, I didn't use any cool edit effects, it's just straight from my amplifier into the mic.

Id: Cheer up dude.. haha, it just means I have less of a life and spend more of my time with my guitar :p

where abouts in melbourne are you? i sent you an email through this site don't know if its reached you or not

Id, it's not too hard, if you want I can write up a tab for you, just PM or email me or something and I'll knock up a solo tab in a few minutes. Btw, I've got the whole tabbed Forest of October solo... soon... oh-so-soon.... I can almost feel it. :D

im getting a guitar for christmas. what the best way for a newbie to start learning to play some tunes?

like are there any programs that you recomend that make it heaps easy to learn the tabs?

hmm well I started with tutoring... remember the hardest part of learning to play an instrument is the start, just picking it up and trying to belt out some tunes... hardest process you will go through, and most nerve wracking too (but very rewarding). I wouldn't really recommend any programs... I'd just recommend looking at some easy songs, looking at the tablature and just figuring it out for yourself... for example my first song was 3 chords... 'Slipping Away' by Stabbing Westward... that was very hard for me to get my fingers around when I first started, but now I can play it with my eyes closed and talking to someone at the same time... just practice alot and it will all pay off and start making sense to you... it just depends on how much motivation you have.

yeah everyone has said that to me.

im gonna get some lessons to show me the basics first i think,

then the rest is hard work!

Nah man, the basics are the hard work! lol. Seriously, if you love playing guitar, it only gets better and better... I have improved in the last 2 months more than I have in my whole first year of playing... it just happens like that. Anyway good luck with the lessons, u made a good choice :)