Video tutorial: Mixing drums that slam!

jordan, your videos are great so far, but 349$ for the whole course? way out of budget for the most i guess!

These are my thoughts as well, I honestly don't belive you will get many customers with that price, but it's your call jval... Those people who could justify spending that much money into the training material are probably in the level they wouldn't benefit much from the content itself and won't buy it, and the ones who would benefit from the information (probably most of the guys in this form I assume) can't justify spending that much into a video course, especially when there are companies like CreativeLive offering better quality content for much cheaper, that is just my opinion of course but I feel that there are many guys that agree with me on this.

Hey Jval, I wanted to rewatch the "free" episodes on an actual screen instead of phone now that im at a computer but the links dont no longer are working. Can you repost the free tutorials so i watch them and can decide if i want to purchase the final episode. Thanks.

Vihaleipä;11003147 said:
These are my thoughts as well, I honestly don't belive you will get many customers with that price, but it's your call jval... Those people who could justify spending that much money into the training material are probably in the level they wouldn't benefit much from the content itself and won't buy it, and the ones who would benefit from the information (probably most of the guys in this form I assume) can't justify spending that much into a video course, especially when there are companies like CreativeLive offering better quality content for much cheaper, that is just my opinion of course but I feel that there are many guys that agree with me on this.

I agree.....

I was going to post to say the course is now live, but looks like you guys have seen that already :).
If the price is too high for you, no problem. That's why I created the free videos, so everyone could get some valuable tips for free. For those who want to learn more from me and take the next step, the course is available.

I was going to post to say the course is now live, but looks like you guys have seen that already :).
If the price is too high for you, no problem. That's why I created the free videos, so everyone could get some valuable tips for free. For those who want to learn more from me and take the next step, the course is available.

The free videos wont come up for me.

Man, I can't even get beginners to pay me a measly $100 to drastically improve their songs. I have to agree that $349 seems high for a beginner to pay, but I wish you luck regardless

How about a course on how to become a successful, self-sufficient business? I don't need mixing tips. I need clients haha

I'm a touch bummed, I have liked the videos so far and would like to check out the course but cant swing 350 clams in 4 days notice. Do you have any plans to make the content available for purchase at a later point?

$350 buys 5 hours of content.

Probably took 8 hours to execute each hour of content (plan, record, edit videos etc) - so 40 hours of work. A good hourly rate to earn is $60/hour, so to recover your costs, you'd need $2400 paid. At $350 a pop, you'd need about 7 people to sign up - which you'd probably get.

Too bad I absolutely have to buy one mic and I don't have spare money for the courses. Fuck :(

I would maybe, maybe pay $350 for a 5-hour mixing course from Kurt Ballou or Jens Bogren or Andy. Like others have said, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but my strong sense is that if you want to make this a steady income stream going forward, you're going to have to come up with a new price scheme at least to break into the market. Unless you're a well-known producer, I think most folks are going to see that sticker price and just walk away. I'm your target audience - an entirely ITB home studio musician who writes and records his own music - and that was my reaction. Just my .02.

I quite agree with this. The price is a bit too much expensive for me as well, not because is not justified (the vids are well done and it certainly took a lot of time to work on this) but because I'm a home-studio guy and spending $350 for mixing courses while I need gear is maybe not a good operation. But it's a shame as I'd learn a lot of great things! Anyway, thanks for sharing three vids :)

Just saw this thing and apparently missed some videos since the links takes me to a counter where it says 'registration closes in 3 days'?

I noticed some others have also missed them videos, any chance to view them somewhere else
before registration closes, to get some insight about the full course?

I would maybe, maybe pay $350 for a 5-hour mixing course from Kurt Ballou or Jens Bogren or Andy. Like others have said, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but my strong sense is that if you want to make this a steady income stream going forward, you're going to have to come up with a new price scheme at least to break into the market. Unless you're a well-known producer, I think most folks are going to see that sticker price and just walk away. I'm your target audience - an entirely ITB home studio musician who writes and records his own music - and that was my reaction. Just my .02.
Basically this.

I'm a student in school right now, I can't afford something as much as $350, and not only that, but your competition CreativeLive offers near the same thing but for only $100.

For instance, a quick look at Studio Pass with Joey Sturgis shows 29 segments total each on average about 20 minutes....that's ~580 mins total or 9-10 hours worth of content for $100. Obviously, quality > quantity but that is a large discrepancy in price/minute.