VIKING reissue

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
13022_449836318421035_334226402_n.jpg

Ok, people are starting to get copies. I am hoping people can give us reviews of the audio (quality/sources/updated from previous versions, etc).

If people want to start threads of reissues they are picking up please do so, that way it has it's own thread and we can discuss more easily. :)

Just got it in today, havent listened yet though. I know some were speculating it might be a pro cd-r but it is NOT, it is a silver cd. So no worries there. My only complaint is the packaging, it's just a double cd folding wallet...no booklet, and doesnt really look to fabulous for the $18 price....Once i listen I wont make any comments on audio as I never heard the originals and im no audiophile.

I'd really like to buy that 2 disc set, in spite of it's poor packaging, but it seems they don't deliver outside the U.S. Do you know if there is any other place to get this? I feel discriminated :mad:

They're having issues with their international postage thing, and it said it should be fixed shortly. So keep checking back there to see if you can order it. http://shop.vikingthrashmetal.com/CDs_c4.htm

This is what I read:

Shipping & Delivery

At this time, Viking Merch Store ships merchandise to locations within the United States and U.S. territories, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the US Virgin Islands. Additionally, Viking Merch Store ships merchandise to Canada and Mexico, but not to other international locations.

Ok, people are starting to get copies. I am hoping people can give us reviews of the audio (quality/sources/updated from previous versions, etc).

If people want to start threads of reissues they are picking up please do so, that way it has it's own thread and we can discuss more easily. :)

eeewwww, these are those cheap ass things labels and magazines send out as promotional compilation discs...

Bought some days ago.
I'm not a crazy fan of "Do Or Die", but since Lost&Found Records is still unavailable I've decided to take this reissue. I'll let you know, but most of you will probably get it before me! :lol:

:zombie:Got it yesterday. Bent and looking like shit. It's a cheap CD-wallet indeed, with the LP rip of the debut. However, the band is sending my money back. Same as Morbid Saint, they didn't send out promo copies for fear of getting just reviews. Arrrgh!

I saw the picture of Morbid Saint online and no traycard? WTF is that? For the record I have offered to the band to simply reissue the album with no bonus content or DVD (allowing them to keep as exclusive) and got ZERO response. the record sounds like shit anyway, but I love it. But someone bands are willing to fuck their fans. Take the risk and press a REAL CD and DVD and fans will turn out in support. instead we are forced to spread the word about SHIT product. Respect is deserved. Relapse sold 1,000 LPs and I bet they haven't moved that many CDs because of their awful packaging.

This "boxset" has arrived incredibly soon and (most important thing) almost without damages. No protection at all inside the package, so I've been REALLY lucky.
"Do Or Die" sound really sucks, "Man Of Straw" fortunately is better. I would have preferred buying from Lost&Found, but there's no trace yet of a restart of the activity.

This "boxset" has arrived incredibly soon and (most important thing) almost without damages. No protection at all inside the package, so I've been REALLY lucky.
"Do Or Die" sound really sucks, "Man Of Straw" fortunately is better. I would have preferred buying from Lost&Found, but there's no trace yet of a restart of the activity.

Bryan at L&F has been quite busy with daily life and his real job. So he has label in down time now. He and I chat quite often. I do know what titles of his that are out of print, are gone. So this is the way to get the Viking he did. I assume the master audio is the same as his reissue.

Word on street is Do Or Die masters are lost to time. that is just rumor, but most likely true.

Does anyone know what High Roller Records' vinyl version of Do Or Die is sourced from? It's licensed from Metal Blade? Haven't seen the band acknowledge it's existence like the CD bootlegs.

EDIT: A quick search on Metal Blade's site brings up this... http://www.metalblade.com/us/releases/viking-do-or-die/

"Beserker" doesn't sound too bad, but you can definitely hear some noise on the quieter parts.

I would assume MB gave HRR the same source. MB definitely sells vinyl rips as downloads. Sound Barrier being one.

That track online didn't sound too bad actually. Like I said I was told from source close to band that masters are gone.

Bryan at L&F has been quite busy with daily life and his real job. So he has label in down time now. He and I chat quite often. I do know what titles of his that are out of print, are gone. So this is the way to get the Viking he did. I assume the master audio is the same as his reissue.

Word on street is Do Or Die masters are lost to time. that is just rumor, but most likely true.

Alright, so it's just a matter of time. :)
Don't know why the band hates jewel cases, as they say, but this "eco wallet" is too fragile for being moved many times.

But, how about those new tunes? Do those kick ass, or what?!? From what I've heard so far, these are the best songs the band has done. I'm not a huge Viking fan, anyways. I hate everything about "Do Or Die", and "Man Of Straw" is only passable due to the decent production, and good-to-great musicianship. There are no real songs on the album, in my opinion. But this new shit hits the spot, and the band is firing on all cylinders for once! I wish Gene Hoglan was allowed to let loose like this in Testament!