VIKING reissue

If someone dares buy anything from CDInzane, then they are...well, insane! Their prices for domestic CD's is laughable! I called them up one time, because I just HAD to ask them why the fuck they were listing Metal Blade Records US releases for $54.00???? I kept the guy on the phone for almost a half an hour, handing out a verbal beating. Good times.

I placed an order when he had 50% off and free shipping on 5 titles or more, so i thought id give him a try. I got my package the same week with a cd missing and a note saying it was out of stock so i would be refunded. I was fine with that.

Well a month goes by, i send an email, no response. 2 months go by,several emails, no response. 3 months, same thing. So i finally write on there UM Forum openly stating this, and not 2 hours later i received a long email and a phone call telling me thats not how I should have handled things and that it was pretty much all my fault for not calling them, great customer service right? Needless to say I know openly share this story to warn everybody of the rip off nature up there.

I actually buy a ton from the guy at ProgPower every year because his stuff is always marked down (like, a lot) and it's all in front of you so you know what you're getting and won't have a problem.

Exactly. It's right there in front of you. It's the online ordering that's a problem. The only reason I can imagine you got stuff from him cheap is overstock. Had to be. you can always count on CD-Is-Lame to have the highest prices. If you have $100 bucks burning a hole in your pocket, you can go to their web site and lay down AT LEAST $75 of it on a brand spanking new copy of Iron Maiden's "Best Of 1980-1990"...

Exactly. It's right there in front of you. It's the online ordering that's a problem. The only reason I can imagine you got stuff from him cheap is overstock. Had to be. you can always count on CD-Is-Lame to have the highest prices. If you have $100 bucks burning a hole in your pocket, you can go to their web site and lay down AT LEAST $75 of it on a brand spanking new copy of Iron Maiden's "Best Of 1980-1990"...

At ProgPower it's not unusual to be able to get most of his inventory at $8-10.

Oh, probably. But I don't care if he does it out of his mom's sewing room. He's quick, doesn't rip me off too badly on trades, and his used CD's are always in excellent condition. I got one complaint about Den. He insists on wrapping everything he sends me in packing tape. And I don't mean the box. I mean the actual CD's! He takes all the discs, puts them in plastic bags (thank God for that!), and wraps packing tape around the lot of them, tight as he can. It takes me a half hour to undo it every time I get stuff from him. Denis, what the fuck?!?!:mad: I told him to stop it, but he won't...

HAHAHAHAHA me too. He has a great selection of stuff but I dread openingh his stuff because it takes 20 minutes to get the tape off.

I placed an order when he had 50% off and free shipping on 5 titles or more, so i thought id give him a try. I got my package the same week with a cd missing and a note saying it was out of stock so i would be refunded. I was fine with that.

Well a month goes by, i send an email, no response. 2 months go by,several emails, no response. 3 months, same thing. So i finally write on there UM Forum openly stating this, and not 2 hours later i received a long email and a phone call telling me thats not how I should have handled things and that it was pretty much all my fault for not calling them, great customer service right? Needless to say I know openly share this story to warn everybody of the rip off nature up there.

yeah he is great for not letting you know something is out of stock. I only order from him is it something I can't get anywhere else.....usually not an issue anymore.

By the way, if you want real Viking reissues, better look for Urubuz Records presses. I've got the Intruder one and it's pretty good. :)

2esr.jpg

Hello! This is my first (public) post. I am Francesco from Italy

I got the Viking "box set" when it came out, simply ordering it from the band itself along with the two Demos on CDR. I got no problem and they delivered to Italy

To be honest the audio quality isn't bad at all...I had the "Do or die" CD bootleg version and it doesn't sound better, while "Man of straw" seems good. I can't compare with the Lost & Found version as I don't have it but it's not bad

The packaging is simple but I like it...too bad they didn't included the bonus tracks from the L&F and the two CDs with the demos are pro-printed CDr only, as you can see on the images I uploaded on Discogs at the Viking page

In any case...better than nothing. I suppose the L&F version sounds similar to this version

Hello! This is my first (public) post. I am Francesco from Italy

I got the Viking "box set" when it came out, simply ordering it from the band itself along with the two Demos on CDR. I got no problem and they delivered to Italy

To be honest the audio quality isn't bad at all...I had the "Do or die" CD bootleg version and it doesn't sound better, while "Man of straw" seems good. I can't compare with the Lost & Found version as I don't have it but it's not bad

The packaging is simple but I like it...too bad they didn't included the bonus tracks from the L&F and the two CDs with the demos are pro-printed CDr only, as you can see on the images I uploaded on Discogs at the Viking page

In any case...better than nothing. I suppose the L&F version sounds similar to this version

thanks for the detailed information!!!