Virgin Black: Beauty at its finest!

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
I've never been so impressed with a band since like Opeth, In the Woods and Ulver.

All I have to say here is now that I have discovered these guys, they're quickly becoming my most cherished band ever.

There's something more than just music here...the music truly does move me in a way music has never done before. Combine the beautiful parts with the angst of metallic riffage and blackish vocals/whispers and we have here a band that impresses on multiple levels.

Honestly, I am truly shocked at the talent here and from what I have heard of this band. This stuff is so good that words alone are meaningless when it comes to describing the emotion that is apparent deep within.

:headbang: Cheers Virgin Black and I can only hope they tour Canada REAL soon.

www.virginblack.com

woah, it bores you??? damn...well, I guess thus style isn't for everyone obviously - the band themselves stated this.

and yeah, they definitely played with opeth which is damn cool.

Man, if anyone listens to the song Our Wings Are Burning and say they feel nothing afterwards would truly be beyond me - it is amazingly moving music. The songwriting and flow of the music is flawless in its execution. Things never get tired or repetitive, it just progressively, naturally flows.

A Kiss From God's Mouth is another song I have heard - I was honestly speechless upon first hearing it.

I don't want to hear anymore songs because I just ordered both cd's off THE END - Elegant...and Dying as well as Sombre Romantic - I want to be immersed and truly take all the music in, bit by bit, when the cd's finally arrive.

Anyone that listens to the music - pay attention to the lyrics. Geez, it's pure poetry - how often do we find such meaningful music nowadays?

Anyway, I stress this greatly - CHECK THIS BAND OUT at their site! They are truly one of the finest talents around.

virgin_black_-_elegant..._and_dying_band.jpg

No.

Atlas Shrugged said:
They are one of my favorites. Absolutely breath taking band. Currently working on their 3rd full length. I can't fucking wait.

:hotjump: WOAH!!! I just get into these guys now, and get 2 of their cd's right away, and already a third one is awaiting us - holy fucking shit this is great news! It'll be out this year then, for sure, right?

An online friend just sent out a song Opera de Romanci - Stare to me - OMG it is one of the most elegant, stunningly beautiful things I have heard. THAT CELLO! It's operatic and classical. Damn this dude can sing - what a voice!
:OMG:

...geez, I've been waiting two weeks for my order already. If this order doesn't come in soon, I'll have both albums downloaded already, hehe.

Oh, and I see nothing wrong with that picture of the band. In fact, the shot is incredibly tasteful...awesome composition. Samantha is incredibly attractive.

I was going to check this out on the basis of a few bands in the sig (Camel in particular, although the list was rather hit or miss...) and then I saw the picture.

What's wrong with the picture is all the fucking face paint, and the attempt to look so well...faggothic for lack of a better term. (I WOULD say Cradle Of Filth-esque, but that's a bit too harsh)

Silent Song said:
and you care about band's appearances? enough to not listen to them because of it? heh, that's pretty shallow if you ask me

Well guess what, lick my sack, LOLZ.

The "not tr00 enough" bit was funny as well. Here, have some cancer.