Visit Denmark in tour? Please?

nox-Hand

New Metal Member
Apr 26, 2008
Greetings all!

Now, I know Denmark is one of those insignificant little countries, and we don't really owe the world anything much apart from Lego, bacon, and some good beer, but we *did* once own Sweden, which means, we have a slight part to play in some of our heroes turning out the way they did.

Is it possible for you, Opeth, to come to Denmark at some point this year? I've been planning trips to Sweden, UK and Germany to go see you since 2006, but have yet to find the money to be able to go on such a long trip -- also, if I did, my friends who are also Opeth fans wouldn't go, as they'd sure as HECK not have the cash to go..

Anyway, I realise I am a first-poster here, yet I am not the forum-type, so I probably will not be posting much here; SORRY. Yet I am still a huge fan, got the entire catalogue of Opeth albums, and fan stuff from belt buckles to this painting I made by simply looking at the albums logo:
00003.jpg

But, yeah, summed up, will you visit Denmark, or is it time to pack my bags and come to you? :)

Cheers,
nox-Hand,
Avid and dedicated fan. :headbang:

Wait....

....Denmark owns Lego?

Indeed. Though outsourced quite a lot, it originated in Denmark, and is still owned by a Danish company.

Wikipedia said:
Lego is a line of building toys manufactured by the Lego Group, a privately held company based in Denmark.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego

Lego is an abbriviation of the Danish words "LEg GOdt" which means "Play well" (direct translation).

So, yes, Lego is Danish :p

Bacon is from Denmark!? :OMG: Your country just earned huuuuge amounts of respect from me.

I might have to clarify.. We produce the *best* bacon ;)

"Danish Bacon is generally of good quality (in Denmark; exported Danish bacon is of exceptional quality), and available in both the striped and back varieties."

Unfortunately for us Danes, we actually export the best, so you've gotta go to OTHER countries to GET the good bacon :lol:

I think you should focus more on us being a neighboring country, rather than a previous imperialist, anyway we didnt *own* sweden we were just part of the same kingdom. I agree with the general message though; please Opeth if it´s possible drop by denmark :headbang:

I think you should focus more on us being a neighboring country, rather than a previous imperialist, anyway we didnt *own* sweden we were just part of the same kingdom. I agree with the general message though; please Opeth if it´s possible drop by denmark :headbang:

Well, really, owning and being same kingdom is essentially the same. But then the Danish Viking "leaders" were crap on a long streak and we sort of collaped :)

Ah well, but yes, please visit Denmark! :saint:

Its not the same you could say Sweden owned Denmark back then and it would be just as wrong, we did *own* Norway at one point, though (which is why Norwegian sounds closer to Danish, than Swedish does).

^Yay for danes ;)

But yes it would be really cool if they would come to Denmark. Have they ever played any non-festival gigs in Denmark?