Viva heavy what

Jesus......there is music for everyone....taylored to personalities....so what......when I was a kid I listened to some dumb shit before I knew better.....Im sure that there were a few of you as well.....and tons of people just dont really care about the quality of their music....or maybe they think that what they are listening to is quality.....and that means that their music IS quality TO THEM.......Nu-metal......open your minds to something new......how many of you listen to world music....like Salif Keita...or nusrat fati ali kahn....mahavishnu orchestra....anything outside of your little metal worlds.....I dont give a fuck what anyone labels anything I listen as....nu-metal-pop-black metal-world music-....all that shit is opinion......and Katatonia JUST PLAYES WHAT IS IN THEIR HEART....label what you will.....

there is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-
That principle is contempt prior to investigation.-
-herbert Spencer.

B.B. P.570

Deliverance6 said:
there is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-
That principle is contempt prior to investigation.-
-herbert Spencer.

B.B. P.570

so good, can you smell the fresh air opened by that door?:Spin:

Deliverance6 said:
The beauty of Katatonia is their ability to evolve....not all fast....but nice and slowly....morphing.......but I dont care what you think.....you can only like the old stuff.....maybe try to have an open mind about music.....take it for what it is....not for what you want it to be....either way it is your opinion....and thats ok with me....I can just disagree....
It is not a good katatonia album for me,this not katatonia means for me.I am realy open minded about music,i can listen different kind of music,i have no strict rules about music.But what i say is,i dont like this album and i think this is not katatonia.

I don't give a fuck about what's that, but that's not nu-metal. May be there is some alternative, and it's great. There is some progressive and i don't like it. But when i dove into this album i was really scared, like all fears from 1 year old childhood returned to my soul. I couldn't even think i'll feel this again. The album is really great, and it's really KATATONIA album. I would like to hear LFDGD-2 instead VE, but I respect their way and I love VE.
errrhmmm....and yeah, it's metal. and where tha fuk someone heard nu-metal there? There's much more nu-metal in LFDGD

Anthony said:
I don't give a fuck about what's that, but that's not nu-metal. May be there is some alternative, and it's great. There is some progressive and i don't like it. But when i dove into this album i was really scared, like all fears from 1 year old childhood returned to my soul. I couldn't even think i'll feel this again. The album is really great, and it's really KATATONIA album. I would like to hear LFDGD-2 instead VE, but I respect their way and I love VE.
errrhmmm....and yeah, it's metal. and where tha fuk someone heard nu-metal there? There's much more nu-metal in LFDGD

!
That's exactly what I think the band didn't want. They wanted to create something original... hopefully! What's the fun about using the same formulas throughout a carrer, even if they work? Katatonia haven't been doing this and I think they will continue to evolve.
'Viva Emptiness' is refreshing.

I did not call VE as a nu-metal album.I meant that it was not important what ever was,cause it was not katatonia.And it is not an evolution.The evolution is between DoDS and BMD,BMD and DO,DO and TD,TD and LFDGD but in all of these albums there is darkness,sorrow and depression but i can not sense any of these in VE (not in all of the songs i can sense it in 2-3 songs in VE)

@jptk:No i can not sense any aggression in previous albums i am not only talkin' about lyrics.you can sense it in music too.BTW i love VE very much but it is the worst katatonia album ever made

@free dg:Yes they will continue to evolve and this is whta i want too but if you lose the principles that made you katatonia you will be katatonia no more.And i can not say what the next album will be like cause katatonia always shocked me by creating the nearly opposite thing i've foreseen.

This aggression is just despair that's all. This is not that stupid hate like in music of Pantera or Slipknot or Machine Head. The atmosphere of loneliness of a man in a big city reached it's top on VE. Atmosphere of his sadness and helplessness. This album is full of sorrow and tears.

VE is, as some have said, more "aggressive" than other albums, and that it isn't so "katatonia/katatonic". Do you mean the actual word as catatonic, as being in a catatonic state?

VE may have elements in some songs of being more aggressive, but IMO this is what Katatonia was trying to convey with VE. That through all the stages of an “emotional journey” anger is an emotion that would have to be confronted.

This album is definitely not nu metal……. It’s just an odd one from their other styles, c’mon they are artists, you would be complaining if every album was basically the same concept lyrically & musically! :)

@khayman666 I completely agree with you about Daniel Liljekvist’s essential albums!

Didn't mean to :confused:

Next Thursday, 02 June, Hard Club, Porto, Portugal. Actually they're opening to Paradise Lost. €20 ( :yell: )