Vocalists: Record an Opeth verse!

Nostalgiaplatz

So why not moving?
Dec 20, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Hi,

I've always wanted to see a thread like this, I didn't bothered to search for previous existing ones (if there's any at all), but I'm curious. The guitar riff threads are repeated over and over...how about vocal lines?

If someone from the 'record a riff' thread would be willing to contribute a backing track, I'd be happy to belt one out on the weekend.

^ are you being sarcastic? i was actually expecting something quite good from you.

i need a microphone to hook up to my pc// ima steal one from the schools television departmen..

ShroudOfDusk said:
It shouldnt... it's a good thread. Good work morningstar.

Thank you!

Heres my contribution

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0257392001/lucipher - masters apprentice.mp3

Both guitars & vocals were recorded/done by myself, all the good stuff (drum sequencing) was done by the guy who tabbed Master's Apprentice in GP4 format. I'm not sure who he is, I picked the tab from a link on this forum.

I used a Hi-Z Microphone (those cheap PC-multimedia mics) for vocals and a jackson dinky reverse with seymour duncan JB connected to BOSS gx-700 directly connected to the soundcard mic input. I cheated in the vox, I didn't growl, I kinda whispered. I can't seem to find a better way to explain the way I did them. All I know is that the way I did the vox wouldn't be feasible to be reproduced in a live scenario. I can't do it otherwise, the walls in my bedroom are weak and the side neighbours are a complete pain in the ass (to lapse in a better definition)