voice thread reloaded

Malaclypse

Oct 18, 2001
So, magsec and me came up with a modified version of the original voice thread concept to ensure further and ongoing liveli- and merriness in this forum.
this time, there are a few things different.
first of all, everyone should record their voices in their mother tongue. to make it more interesting, other forum members will provide the text for the next candidate (in english of course) after they have posted their own recording.

so, since it has to start somewhere, the one up for the challenge should interpret the following:

"i am intrigued by the vast genious of those who have created this marvellous thread in order to keep the forum morale high."

remember, no cheating! there's always someone else who can speak your bloody language ;) and the brave contestant is presented with the honour to have his sentence spoken by the next one! imagine the possibilities!

bring it on!

ah, one more thing, the usual "i would really like to do this, but i can't host my files anywhere" doesn't count, just contact magsec or me if you need your files uploaded somewhere.

RealHazard said:
to be able to say that you need understand english.
:lol:
not to mention that for others to be able to understand that what you said is actually a translation of the sentence in your language, they need to speak your language. but that wasn't funny, just weird. while healjesus comment cracked me up.

muchas gracias, xeno :wave:

@real: well your time might still come :)
@child: silly excuses! go ahead, buy one, borrow one, steal one!
@rahvin: err... :lol:

how about, "my name is edward and i like to my wear mother´s underwear."
instead of those lofty sounding senteces.

one more idea: you could, alongside your basic language, also include a version maybe in a dialect spoken in your area. fun-fun-fun!

Thank you XenO! \,,/
his quote: "I shall patronize those who post before me, and as a beacon of light cutting through the dark night, guide those who shall follow"

http://mail.rochester.edu/~jh001j/bla2.wav

http://mail.rochester.edu/~jh001j/bla1.wav :D

:p

Here's a simple one for the next person:

"I am the last of an ancient vampire race. I like fruits very much, but I have not had a nice banana since 1956"

EDIT: Don't forget that any of us will be more than happy to host the file for you.

Ok, I recorded that one. PM'd mag about hosting. I was honestly gonna let Nick or Thanny record that one... something about that banana ending just seemed right for those two. :p Anyway, in anticipation of that going up, I'll post what the next person should say.

here's the clip: http://mail.rochester.edu/~jh001j/kov2.mp3

"I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it? Well, it's always the same."

I just want to hear someone say that without cracking up. :)

~Kovenant

edit: tried to find an easier, and yet equally funny phrase... maybe waz'll want to talk about 'teh bunnie'? (secretly just wants to hear another voice clip of her :D - and one thats more than 3 secs long :p)

lol, go ahead... we were just tryin to get all the people who only give 3 second clips of themselves to do this. we're trying to get as many people/languages as possible. And i keep saying 'we' but this isn't even my thread. :p

~Kovenant

What a good idea for a thread. :p I can't participate now, since it's past midnight and my parents might wonder what I'm up to if I suddenly start talking aloud about bodily proximity, but I might join in tomorrow.