voice thread reloaded

MagSec4 said:
I very highly doubt anyone would want to pay a long distance call to have his or her voice recorded for some thread
wink.gif

That's what I wanted to say. It'll cost me a fortune. :erk:

Oh, that's a funny thread! I will listen to the sound files once I'm home (I'm at the office computer here) and may even participate! Did I get it right? You have to speak the sentence provided by your predecessor in both your mother tongue (as a translation then) and in English?

Since I haven't listened to the files yet... I just found the original voice thread, too. *rubs hands*. Much to listen to once I'm home *looks on watch which seems to be frozen* Ah, three more hours to waste. I will also have to look up which sentence to read.

One ring to rule them all. One ring to find them. One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.
My turn now. I've got a cool sentence. :p *takes German LotR from the shelf*
The official German translation deviates a bit, since it doesn't repeat "one ring". Anyway, here goes...

www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a9600697/samples/onering.mp3

The sentence for the next person will be a familiar one *hehe*...

"Gentle storm | Thundering silence
Inferior force | Uncontrolled calm
Vital unlife | Logic/chaos/logic"

Caelestia said:
@SomberSoul: Very nice voice and read with such conviction! :)
Thank you very much. :D How can you not read these lines with conviction, hehe. For one moment, I thought about doing it in an evil Sauron voice but nah. :lol:

MagSex should be happy he's finally got some German in here :p
Yup, read his request, too. Hope he's happy now, although there wasn't any German swearing involved.

Somber Soul said:
Yup, read his request, too. Hope he's happy now, although there wasn't any German swearing involved.
naja, das kann ich ja beim nächsten mal erledigen ;)

Yes, why not? Are you from Germany then? I am from Vienna. So my swearing would sound totally different anyway. ;)

yes, i am from germany. i'd really like to visit vienna though, when i previously traveled to austria it was only to get to italy :)

Ah, well, maybe you can come here next time. If you do, drop me a note. UM posters of the world unite! ;)

So small I didn't notice your link at first, Thanatos! ;) Can't listen to it either at the moment...gotta wait till I'm home. I'm curious.

to keep it going, here's a new sentence for the next participant:

Let me take you on a trip
Around the world and back
And you won't want have to move
You just sit still
Now let your mind do the walking
And let my body do the talking
Let me show you the world in my eyes

Caelestia said:
Heh, would that even sound good? It's freaky enough hearing a recording of yourself, but through the telephone as well! I much prefer phone conversations. People tend to sound better and of course, there's more interaction. No waiting for ages for the other party to think of something (um... er... ahh...) :p
well actuelly Skype came out with a program that have phone quality if your computer or internetline is not busy at the same time, I can only recommend it, you can get it at www.skype.com talked to Thanatos over it and it worked fine...

if you feel all alone on it my nick is salira and your welcome to add me