voice thread reloaded

MagSec4 said:
It would be nice..
but since it seems not much is going to happen in this thread anyways, anything'll do and is welcome.
i actually wanted to do this one, but then i remembered it should be in our mother tongue, and i gave up. :p
it happened to me with the previous quote too, i just thought it would sound retarded in greek, since in translation the choice of words would sound stupid and the flow would be horrible.
i guess i might try one of the next quotes..

Well, you know you're not expected to give a word-for-word translation of the quotes. You're supposed to use whatever it'd take in your native language to convey the same overall meaning and purpose. The point is to say something that flows naturally (to the person saying it, at least) something real, something that isn't in anyway 'artificial' or 'fake'.

(This goes for everyone..) And if, still, you'd prefer to speak English to us, that's fine too. It'd be interesting enough for just the fact that the person insn't a native English speaker.
In fact it'd also be an interesting/fun thread to hear everyone's English accents..

I know that in this case many people don't have the hard/software to give it a try, but in general this is another problem in this forum.. Noone's really willing to participate in anything..

i realized now that i need to post a new item for you all to read aloud, in the chosen language... and i'm going to have fun then:

Freedom and fear are at war. The advance of human freedom -- the great achievement of our time, and the great hope of every time -- now depends on us. Our nation -- this generation -- will lift a dark threat of violence from our people and our future. We will rally the world to this cause by our efforts, by our courage. We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail.

i recommend putting in extra effort on that last line. :p

As an aside:

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
>
Freedom and fear are at war. The advance of human freedom -- the great achievement of our time, and the great hope of every time -- now depends on us. Our nation -- this generation -- will lift a dark threat of violence from our people and our future. We will rally the world to this cause by our efforts, by our courage. We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail.

:p

well, the churchill bit was already sample for a very old, very good magellan song, so i was posting in the spirit of novelty that animates the forum tonight :p

*sigh*. A few days ago I remembered a bit of knowledge I learned in upper secondary. In theory, a mic is nothing else than a speaker where the electricity is reversed, if I remember correctly. This does also work in practice. Therefore, if you plug your headphones in the mic input, you can use them as a mic. I tried, but alas, the quality was very low. Probably because of my headphones. :(

I am sure you will all be delighted to know that you can now experience Rusty's Bush.

EDIT: Oh yes. Since I can't think of anything else, next person can say:

"Well, her sister's gone to Rhodesia, what with her womb and all, and her youngest, her youngest as thin as a filing cabinet, and the goldfish, the goldfish, they've got whooping cough, they keep spitting water all over the Bratbys, well they do, don't they, I mean you can't, can you, I mean they're not even married or anything, they're not even divorced, and he's in the KGB if you ask me, he says he's a tree surgeon but I don't like the sound of his liver."