Want to see something seriously disturbing?

I like AiC alright, I just don't think they're "metal." They had some songs that might be "metal," but as a whole, I just don't think so. I mean, they came from the same time and place as Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc., how can they not be grunge?

I liked one AIC song from "Facelift" can't recall the name now, I have it on video. But to me they were grunge and TO ME grunge isn't metal. So I basically skipped all those bands although they all had (except Pearl Jam) at least one song I dug.

I liked one AIC song from "Facelift" can't recall the name now, I have it on video. But to me they were grunge and TO ME grunge isn't metal. So I basically skipped all those bands although they all had (except Pearl Jam) at least one song I dug.

Yeah, AiC just isn't metal to me. But they're actually good grunge, which is very rare, and they were pretty heavy grunge, a lot of thier songs kinda have a sludge metal, blues-y sound to them.

Now that sounds like a familiar story ;)

But there was couple of grunge acts I did like ie Tad & The Melvins but they seemed far more heavier to my ears than their counterparts at the time - I found they possessed a more violent and dark edge. I haven't heard either of those artists in many, many years though...

I'm pretty disgusted that Meshuggah and Pantera are so low on that list. Meshuggah isn't one of my favourite bands but they're still up there on my list. I'm a bit biased in terms of Pantera because their one of my favourite bands.