Disturbing comments

WHere di you hear Sting was a child molester? First I've heard about it.

I agree with the post up to a point - when I was 15 I stopped listening to Def Leppard because they weren't heavy enough (I was into Slayer, Morbid Angel etc at the time) and I would NOT listen to anything that wasn't really heavy. But as you get older you mellow out and now I can listen to Opeth, Slayer etc and lighter stuff like Jethro Tull or the Beatles.

Point is - I think most people eventually grow out of the "have to be heavy" mindset.

I have to say though, pop music is fucking shite for the most part, especially fucking poofs like Duran Duran and their homo fans, fuck those guys. :lol:

TakinTheMusicBack said:
WHere di you hear Sting was a child molester? First I've heard about it.

I have to say though, pop music is fucking shite for the most part, especially fucking poofs like Duran Duran and their homo fans, fuck those guys. :lol:

theirs your masterbation fantasys for the next year.

Yeah, Sting sometimes takes like a 16 yr old out with him in public, I heard. Pretty fuckin sick... there hasnt been a real court case or anything, but it's been proven that Sting has affairs with teenage boys.

Quote: Originally Posted by Avgrund
why would someone care anyway? you're all fucking posers anyway.
:) haha that made my day

I don't personally care what "it" is, but if "it" sounds good, "it" is music that I like.

I enjoy thrashy, heavy, rockin' good metal as much as the next testosterone-headed pre-pubescent white male(although I'm past puberty, level-headed, and Asian, but who cares, right?). But I'll listen to stuff like Bob Marley or Kenny G. I'll even turn up Creed, Matchbox 20, or Fountains Of Wayne, if I hear it on the radio and I'm in the mood.

Marley was good shit. I rarely ever listen to creed, but i do have their cds burned. but MARLEY was where its at... get up, stand up. stand up for your rights. get up stand up. don't give up the fight haha gotta love that pot-induced Rastafarian goodness. ;) His custom gibson guitar is priced at like $3,400 too.

Yeah people do that All the time, but oh well, that's them. I enjoy metal thoroughly, and more than any other genre, but damn, if that's all I had to listen to I wouldn't like it as much. I also listen to alot of Classical Music (which alot of metal is based upon) and Jazz, which just rocks. I'd really like to see some bands throw together metal and jazz... hell, it's what I'm trying to do with my life, just need to learn more about jazz and how it works.

In response to several threads, it is nice to have a place like UM, and it's even nicer having people who actually read your posts and comment when they know things... for the most part. And it's also nice to have a place to come when you have questions about your axe (or other instrument) and songwriting, etc.

JW, anyone play the Organ, or know of any bands that have thrown an organ into a metal song? I think that might jsut sound badass, with those foot pedals being deep as hell :headbang: Anyways, rock on.

-Needle-

Needlefeast said:
I'd really like to see some bands throw together metal and jazz...
-Needle-
Check out a band called Virulence and maybe You'd like The Dillinger Escape Plan too.

Now back to the topic. I can't say I agree 100% with the first post. If there weren't people pointing out assholeness, there wouldn't be any progress or improvement, this goes beyond music also... Had I not listened to and thought about such critical voices in the past, I for one would be still stuck with all the crap bands I used to listen years ago. An open minded person shall accept justified criticism of his favourite bands; a moron will fall uncritically for the first crap he hears and he'll be stuck with that for the rest of his life. Another thing, some "metal" is just plain horrible. I refuse to call myself a metal fan because other people might associate me with all the gay heavymetalists in tight pants and curly long hair and squeaky vocals singing about horses, dragons and eternal glory that epitomize bad taste itself. Black metal with all the Satan/nazi/vampire assholeness is often not much better either. Or how about retarded punk and grindcore bands with extreme communist opinions that bash everyone and everything and sing about stuff they have no idea about? So yeah, call me an elitist prick if you will, but I'd rather be in that group than in any of the other groups I mentioned.