Warning - Watching From a Distance

the plane! the plane!

• Total voters

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
1. Needs its own dedicated thread, with appropriate subject title for future search capability

2. Answer the poll if you've heard / own the album. I think I have to put it on hiatus for a while because I've been listening to it non-stop for 2 days straight!

3. With 3 days left on the auction, the boxset on eBay is already up to $82. What was the regular list price?

4. Is this a 2007 release, because I'm not sure how anything could top this between now and 12/31/07

5. Everybody's working for the weekend

1. Yes
2. I'm not going to vote, because there's no clear leader for me. At this very minute, maybe Bridges?
3. I think it was 50 bucks or so. I wish I had bought that instead of the diehard edition.
4. It's officially an '06 release, but I don't think it was delivered to the first listener's hands until '07. I'll be putting on my year end list, regardless. It's a fine hair to split, and at the end of the day what's important is giving the album the credit it deserves.
5. I'm embarrassed to say that Loverboy was my first concert. Saw them with a friend's parents in 1983.

All of the above...although Bridges ---> Faces (they manage to sound like one song) completely kicks my ass.

Its an 06 release.

The orignal listing price was 14.99

people are crazy.

I listened to about half of this disc last night. While good, not sure what the big deal is about it.

And what is going on with everyone listening to doom all of a sudden. It's been the talk of the town for months already.

4. It's officially an '06 release, but I don't think it was delivered to the first listener's hands until '07. I'll be putting on my year end list, regardless. It's a fine hair to split, and at the end of the day what's important is giving the album the credit it deserves.

The Eminor has spoken. Good enough logic for me.

Off to the #1 spot it goes.

5. I'm embarrassed to say that Loverboy was my first concert. Saw them with a friend's parents in 1983.

Remember the Chris Farley / Patrick Swayze SNL sketch? :tickled:

Actually, according to Rich Walker, the pre-orders of the standard edition were received in 2006. It's technically a 2006 release, and I did put it in my top albums of 2006 list.

unless it's mp3's right? :tickled:

goddamn good point !

New Rule for RC:

You can't claim to "have" or "own" anything unless it's in original (not copied) physical medium: CD, vinyl, 8 track, cassette, DVD, etc. If it's in MP3 format, then you are "currently sampling". :)

Yeah and that goes to you too Neily boy and your 128K iTune 'purchases' :loco:

New Rule for RC:

You can't claim to "have" or "own" anything unless it's in original (not copied) physical medium: CD, vinyl, 8 track, cassette, DVD, etc. If it's in MP3 format, then you are "currently sampling". :)

:kickass:

Actually, according to Rich Walker, the pre-orders of the standard edition were received in 2006. It's technically a 2006 release, and I did put it in my top albums of 2006 list.

I know this is redundant, and Miskatonic would never give a shit about things like this, and rightly so, BUT....

.....man oh man, sometimes I think labels shouldn't release stuff at the very end of a year because it inevitably misses out on so many year end lists or basically flies under the radar

In the grand scheme of things though, does it REALLY matter? I understand your point but I often ponder why the fuck, we as music fans, have this obsession with throwing releases into yearly buckets. I mean, yeah, its fun to make year-end lists but, imo, we take it a little too far.

What did you do, listen to it once? I wasn't enthralled with it from first listen either. But it's astronomically superior to Mournful Congregation in every sense. It's not even comparable.