Warning - Watching From a Distance

the plane! the plane!

• Total voters
Not really, it was a box left over unpaid for, so up it goes on eBay, and the proceeds go directly to funding the next Miskatonic release, namely The Lamp Of Thoth's upcoming 7". I fully support this endeavor.

What was stopping them from selling it at regular price to people who inquired about the Right Hand of Doom edition but were told that they were too late?

Sometimes it seems like people will make any excuse in the world to justify the actions of Miskatonic or pat Rich on the back for any move he makes.

I don't even really like Rich, he's a complete asshole, but I don't have a problem with selling off leftover items that were reserved and unpaid for on ebay. I'm not justifying anything, I just don't think it's wrong.

The only reason I would ever be nice to him would be because I fear he would track my family down and punch my mother in the cunt. He's seriously a total dick from what can be gathered from the message boards he posts on. He basically accepts zero deviation from his standards...he actually refuses to sell to people he thinks are posers...so yeah, trust me, I'm definitely not supporting him, but rather his actions, and the furtherance of the quality music that he puts out. I mean, I admire the fuck out of the guy, but I don't ever want to meet him. :lol:

What was stopping them from selling it at regular price to people who inquired about the Right Hand of Doom edition but were told that they were too late?

Sometimes it seems like people will make any excuse in the world to justify the actions of Miskatonic or pat Rich on the back for any move he makes.

Great post. Especially the first part./

Although, Im waiting for some dickhead to see this and try and sell his copy. Although I dont think many of these types actually bought this version to be honest.

Edit2: Your name is "engraved" in shit. Its just a certificate with your name on it with some other stuff and the # of the copy you have received.

Meh. I kinda regret not going for the Right Hand of Doom, but I was too stoned and missed Rich's email which said "reply within 24 hours or the Diehard and Right Hand editions will be gone"

It ended at $305!

seriously, who would have bought this at this price? These must be die hard fans....I can understand it when it's with a 'well known' cult band like Agalloch, but I guess I never realized the drawing power of Warning

Thats fucking RETARDED. I guarantee you that isnt a diehard fan, but a fucking spoiled fucking brat.

edit: Also, Tim just posted this morning that he is getting in 19 of th RHOD editions in and will be running for roughly $40. I inquired about the one on EBay being the supposed last one but havent received an answer yet.

That's more than I saw any of the Ashes Against the Grain boxsets go for, isn't it?

Crazy! But such an amazing album.

yeah, that's what I was thinking

obivously I'm not in the doom circles like you folks, but it's still surprising to see Warning get this kind of response

I have to say, I'm tempted to 'upgrade' my regular version for one of those RHOD editions.... [/fanboy]

Tim's getting RHOD editions? WTF?

He's going to fill out the names himself? I thought the names were written in the Walker blood. Oh well. I might actually buy one.

Reason #1 - That sucker on Ebay got totally fucking jerked off. I wonder if he is a member over at ELR. Would be fun to witness.

Reason #2 - Correlated with the above, Rich stated that the one on Ebay was the last one.

Reason #3 - See above. Both reasons suck.