Warrel's vocal range?

I cried when I couldn't make it to the concert. well, not really. but I cried on the inside.

Same goes for Alan Tecchio, by the way - almost makes me wish WatchTower's masterpiece Control and Resistance was an instrumental album...
I actually really like Alan Tecchio vocals.
What did you think of the guy from Energetic Disassembly, Jason MacMaster or something like that?

John Cyriis- Agent Steel
Midnight- Crimson glory
Mike Sanders- Toxik
Scott Jeffreys- Confessor

I's say warrels up there in falsetto's after him i think
John K. from Biomechanical
Stu Block From Into Eternity
King Diamond
Jari Maenpaa can belt some good ones

lol im drawing blanks...

I actually really like Alan Tecchio vocals.
What did you think of the guy from Energetic Disassembly, Jason MacMaster or something like that?

I think it fits WatchTower better, but it's a more average metal kind of voice. I like the 4-track demo with C&R material he sang on better than the same songs with Alan, in any case. Alan tries to do stuff he can't really pull off, and I witnessed it in the studio in Berlin. I know others who highly prefer his voice over Jason's though, and I'm sure taste is part of it - but then hitting a note is measurable... Jason should be about to record vocals for a few tracks that will hopefully still see the light of day on Mathematics, by the way, but the singer position has always been a bit of a revolving door. Too bad John Arch declined to pick it up when Jason left for Dangerous Toys...

I think it fits WatchTower better, but it's a more average metal kind of voice. I like the 4-track demo with C&R material he sang on better than the same songs with Alan, in any case. Alan tries to do stuff he can't really pull off, and I witnessed it in the studio in Berlin. I know others who highly prefer his voice over Jason's though, and I'm sure taste is part of it - but then hitting a note is measurable... Jason should be about to record vocals for a few tracks that will hopefully still see the light of day on Mathematics, by the way, but the singer position has always been a bit of a revolving door. Too bad John Arch declined to pick it up when Jason left for Dangerous Toys...
I do prefer Jason over Alan. I think Jason has a better range and a lot more power.
John Arch is one of my favorites of that vocal style. His vocals on Awaken the Guardian are simply incredible. Especially on Fata Morgana. But I thought Ray Adler was a pretty good replacement though, even if his style is pretty different.

*sigh* No, this is what happens when I spend too much time talking to the hell hounds. He's not a bad vocalist, though he just THRASHED his throat doing what he does, but he is a very bad boy for having done that to a voice like his. For this reason, he has not earned a cookie, and must get down off the couch. (i.e. "bad singer! no cookie! bad!")
is that what it is? thrashing?
almost every big-band vocalist seems to have lost that edge from when they were young. they just seem to find a niche and stick with it, and usually it's just a deeper voice.

araya
fucker from testament
dickinson
warrel
jaymz
fucker from tankard
ihsahn, too I suppose... etc..

i usually just threw age at the trend. it just seems odd that a voice can be permanantly thrashed. fortunately all these singers have enough confidence and character to make their vocal melodies remain badass (cept for jaymz, recently)

mark boals (yngwie/ring of fire) has the most power falsetto ever heard in metal. Probably due to his opera training. Dude hit ridiculous high notes and they sounded just as power as his chest voice.

he's since dissapeared off the face of the planet.

check out and track of Yngwie's "Alchemy" album. shit's ridiculous.