Waterclime is available

I only managed to listen through the album twice so far but everything that you can read on the website of Lion Music seems to be true ;) I couldn't explain it any better, especially considering that I don't have that much of a background in 70's prog rock. I only know a handful of albums I could compare Waterclime to.
It's too early for any indepth statements after two listens, there are still a few things that need to fall into place there (some weird sounds again, hehe)
I'd mention "Mountains", "The Astral Factor", "Painting Without Colours" and probably "Timewind" as hightlights. For me at least.
Definitely a nice album (always great to hear smth new with Andreas on vox but who am I telling this?) but I usually need to be in the mood for this kind of music, so I don't see myself spinning this album as much as say V. But you never know ;)

karpsmom said:
Damn, I ordered mine from Amazon.com (I had a gift card) and they said it's not gonna ship until February 8th.... I don't wanna wait that long :( anyone wanna hook me up with mp3's while I wait for the cd? (If anyone thinks I'm lying, I'll gladly take a picture holding the cd once I get it to prove I really bought it! :D )

Listen to some sample at:

http://www.guitar9.com/guitarmusic9/theastralfactor.html

mr V

Vintersorg said:

Midnight Flyer - It's a cover from David Byrons first solo-album..I've rearranged it to suit my mind..hehehe. The flute mellotron match the whole atmosphere well.

Yeah!! I didn't know that you had covered David Byron on The Astral Factor. I have Take No Prisoners and it's a very good album, I have it stored between Wonderworld and Return To Fantasy 'cause it's almost an Heep album. Besides the catchyness, the melodies, the vocal lines it has almost all the other bandmenbers doing something on it. Definitely I have to buy The Astral Factor.

Wonderfully unique music. It will get many subsequent spins from me. My initial favorites are Floating and The Astral Factor. I love how you brought the spirit of 70s prog. I must ask: What bands influenced you most?

Braighs said:
Wonderfully unique music. It will get many subsequent spins from me. My initial favorites are Floating and The Astral Factor. I love how you brought the spirit of 70s prog. I must ask: What bands influenced you most?

Hard to say..I listen to alot from the 70's..from Yes to Nektar, Starcastle, Soft Machine, Iron Butterfly, Heep, Genesis, Egg, Aphrodite666, Omega, Eloy, Gong, Camel, Captain Beyond, Enid, Gentle Giant, Focus, Pavlov's Dog, Quatermass...etc...

So, i just wrote music that I liked and it turned out this way...

mr V

Is the album available in stores at all? I really want it, but don't have a credit card to be able to order online. Is it available in stores in Sweden? 'Cause I'll be there in a week so hopefully I can pick up a copy.

Vintersorg said:
Hard to say..I listen to alot from the 70's..from Yes to Nektar, Starcastle, Soft Machine, Iron Butterfly, Heep, Genesis, Egg, Aphrodite666, Omega, Eloy, Gong, Camel, Captain Beyond, Enid, Gentle Giant, Focus, Pavlov's Dog, Quatermass...etc...

So, i just wrote music that I liked and it turned out this way...

mr V

I know most of the bands you mention but about Aphrodite666 I couldn't find anything. Goolge searching turned out to nothing. Is that a 70's band? :s

Anyway, 'the Astral Factor'is is brilliant album...