watershed cover !

The word "Watershed's" meaning can also be defined as a turning point, or critical point of change which is what I also assumed it's meaning would be. Water would have been too obvious, so I agree with you, I expected something without water. Nice job once again Travis!

Hey Paul! I didn't know you were posting on the Opeth forum. Thank you for this eplanation. Let's hope an Opeth and Novembers Doom tour soon.

i was thinking the same thing :p

anyways, is it travis smith again? of course it's good, but am i the only one who is getting tired of this kind of artwork? dont you think a whole new fresh direction could do opeth some good?

Good thought! but lets waits and hear the music. A cover is just a cover.

As some peope before me already mentioned it reminds me a lot of Deliverance/Damnation. Now I want to know what the SE will look like

dont you think a whole new fresh direction could do opeth some good?

i'm not yet bored of the travis smith style. the new cover is different enough from the others that people (including me) are surprised by it. The greenish colour, the vertical, static layout, not that many details ... all pretty different from the travis covers i know so far (mainly death, katatonia and opeth). also, travis still fits the opeth mood ... melancholic, with a hint of decay and danger. the new one looks pretty sterile and cold compared to the much warmer GR cover. that's prolly the strange greenish tone and the very bright light causing this impression.

Let's talk albout the symbols that are supposed to be in there... There's a photograph on the table - is it Rosemary or Melinda? Furthermore I can see a "dividing line" just above the person's head.

This is really a fantastic album cover. Nothing like what I expected, and I think most of us thought it would feature some kind of waterfall. :lol:

Hats off to Travis Smith and mr. Åkerfeldt for making something beautiful, dark and unexpected.

Let's talk albout the symbols that are supposed to be in there... There's a photograph on the table - is it Rosemary or Melinda? Furthermore I can see a "dividing line" just above the person's head.

I think Mike was talking about the special edition... It will have a different cover that looks even better.

karakter_30276d.jpg