watershed cover !

_ons003199701ill186.gif

Great album cover. Opeth logo should only have been bigger and a different font on "Wadershed" text imo.

If you go to the main website under discography and click on 2, it has all the covers next to one another. If after seeing that, you still see a resemblence to GR and deliverence, you're just reaching. I see a resemblence to Travis Smith's style in general, because everything he does has a certain look and feel. But overall, the covers look nothing alike.

i was thinking the same thing :p

anyways, is it travis smith again? of course it's good, but am i the only one who is getting tired of this kind of artwork? dont you think a whole new fresh direction could do opeth some good?

Finally, an opinion I agree with - and it only took 3 pages.
I mean, it has a feeling of "been there, done that".

And it's got nothingt od o with the fact that "well it's Travis Smith once again, that's his style" because that is just wrong. Usually his artwork is quite different from itself (see Nevermore, Blackwater Park, or even Subterranean Masquerade for something TOTALLY different). So, yeah, I'm kinda dissapointed in Travis, just because I had such high expectations - but it's definately not bad or anything.

This was definitely not what I expected; I expected something a little "fresher", so to speak [see last few posts with which I agree]; I had hoped for, and am still waiting for, an Opeth cover with the band members in sepia. Yes. I do.

That being said, I agree the "Watershed" font is a bit meh. But all in all, the package doesn't really count does it? I don't buy a painting for the frame.

Good cover.....nothing too fancy.....its alright.....i was hopeing for something more forest-y I guess....haahha...but yeah hits nice....i like it......PEAC EOUT

fantastic cover. it's leaps and bounds better than ghost reveries. i love it.

Looks cool to me.. Slightly different, definitely not my favourite (or at least, not yet).. But it looks cool.

I would like to know the 'meaning' behind it.

Amazing cover!!!

fresh yet familiar...

im starting to feel my patience leaving me hehe...can't wait to expierience this album for the first time...

Actually on second look....its really majestic and somber.....i dont know.....conveys this sense of solace or something.....really nice...!!!!!.....cant wait for the album.....PEAC EOUT