WE WHO ARE ABOUT TO TOUR - April 2009

I'm trying to get mates to come to the Birmingham and possibly the London show with me. Think there'll be about 6 of us hopefully.

taken from Warpaths myspace blog

Everyone,

We have terrible news, Pete (our lead guitarist) has been indirectly involved with a motorbike accident, burning his left hand, which has forced us to pull out of the up-coming Evile / Mutant tour.

To all our fans who were coming to watch us, we're extremely sorry that we won't be playing and will make up for it when Pete's hand has healed.

We hope Evile and Mutant have a great tour, go support them!

From all at Warpath.

DAMN!!!!!!!!!

"On Sun 12th Apr Warpath let us know they have to pull out of our tour (which starts Wed 15th Apr) due to their lead guitarist being 'indirectly involved in a motorcycle accident' on the 8th. We wish them all the best and hope he has a speedy recovery.

We only had 2/3 days to find a replacement band.

It's such short notice for any band to be able to accomodate themselves to a tour which starts in a few days, which already has arrangements and agreements made, but I want to personally thank our friends Trigger the Bloodshed for stepping up and being willing to take part in the tour in place of Warpath. I'd like everyone to show TTB the same respect and consideration they've shown us in this situation by giving them a warm welcome onto the tour at the upcoming shows.

see y'all in erm......a few days!

Phew

Ol Drake"

Some dudes review of last nights show...

MUTANT
Second time I've seen this lot and hopefully not the last. Turbo Hyper Ultra Mega Power made people chuckle as did the intro to The Rauncher.
Forgot to grab a copy of the EP. Damn it.

TRIGGER THE BLOODSHED
Great Odin's Raven! What an infernal racket. A ghastly mess of squeals, grunts, shrieks and triggered drums. Sort of like the sound a pneumatic drill would make while being used on an angry pig.
Made the schoolboy error of trying to conduct a conversation with Ol and the singer of Mutant while this lot were on making their hideous caterwauling. Really shouldn't have bothered.

EVILE
A bit of rust aside (Matt almost coming in too early a couple of times), very sharp indeed. The old songs sounded as good as ever and the new ones sounded pretty handy too - although the second one did sound a little too improvised to me. Needs a bit of work, that one I think. And a title.
Overall though, a great set, top entertainment and I now have a sore neck.
A big well done for the very reasonably priced t-shirts.
Loved Matt's Weyland Yutani shirt aswell. Very good.

65vnfa.jpg

2ds4fsx.jpg

************SETLIST SPOILER**************

We Who Are About to Die
Armoured Assault
Killer From the Deep
Man Against Machine
Demolition
Thrasher
First Blood
Bathe in Blood
Untitled Newie (Jokingly referred to as Vagina thanks to somebody in the crowd)
Enter the Grave
----------------------------
Schizophrenia

I feel that the set list is in the wrong order... Thrasher or First Blood seem like better openers and Enter The Grave for the encore.

Obviously the songs are great and I'm shitting bricks in excitement for it. :D

Good times last night, was gutted about Warpath. Not as much as Pete's uncle though (I really can't remember how I found out who he was, but he looked very dissapointed with TTB). Trigger The Bloodshed weren't my thing to be honest, but a few people seemed to enjoy them. I think trying to unite the crowd against Gordon Brown was a bit of a fail on their part, I don't think anyone was really there to discuss politics. I liked the new song Demolition was good, because the words are nice and easy for my little mind to remember, and also it reminded me that I haven't seen Demolition Man in like, 9 years. :D

In all seriousness though, the new songs sounded great (at least what I could hear of them, thank you mr. sound chap), although it would have been nice to hear one more, and it was generally good times. Was great to finally get to see Mutant play, and to hear absolutely everything Tom said on stage four times :lol: And yeah, cheap t-shirts FTW! I'd have got 2 if I didn't only have a tenner in my wallet.

On a personal note I pulled an Australian burlesque dancer called Luna, so all in all a great night :headbang:

Massive thanks for the Leeds show last night, it kicked all kinds of arse! New Song 2 is immense. :kickass:

Got some awesome pics of Mutant (Met Sam afterwards in a KFC :lol:)

Last night's show in Nottingham was great, I'd not heard Mutant before but they were excellent and now I'm most definitely a fan. Evile were awesome too, of course :D And the hoardes of men in boxers were a most welcome addition, haha.

Also, how sick must Matt be of hearing people shout "vagina!" now? :lol:

Last night's show in Nottingham was great, I'd not heard Mutant before but they were excellent and now I'm most definitely a fan. Evile were awesome too, of course :D And the hoardes of men in boxers were a most welcome addition, haha.

Also, how sick must Matt be of hearing people shout "vagina!" now? :lol:

He brought it on by wearing that t-shirt all that tiiiiiime ago :p