Weed in Canada

Yeesh, you Newfoundlanders aren't THAT out of it, are you?

;)

The law thing they just passed says that patients who fall under a few certain categories can get weed, but it's typically after ALL other medications have been PROVEN to be ineffective. The people who could get weed before now have to be re-evaluated, and are likely going to resort to illegal methods again, since it's a bitch to get permission now. AND any doctor who issues a weed prescription is liable to have their record "looked at," which is making them leery of prescribing it. Shitty deal.

There is one growing operation owned by the gov't in some mine in Manitoba. Probably guarded quite well. So people who are getting it prescribed can get it from them or from a designated grower (who can only grow a certain amount)

I say fuck it, pay yer $12/gram.

Originally posted by Duvall
Yeesh, you Newfoundlanders aren't THAT out of it, are you?

;)

The law thing they just passed says that patients who fall under a few certain categories can get weed, but it's typically after ALL other medications have been PROVEN to be ineffective. The people who could get weed before now have to be re-evaluated, and are likely going to resort to illegal methods again, since it's a bitch to get permission now. AND any doctor who issues a weed prescription is liable to have their record "looked at," which is making them leery of prescribing it. Shitty deal.

There is one growing operation owned by the gov't in some mine in Manitoba. Probably guarded quite well. So people who are getting it prescribed can get it from them or from a designated grower (who can only grow a certain amount)

I say fuck it, pay yer $12/gram.

$12 a gram , I fucking wish man , This is Newfoundland man , anywhere from 20-25 bucks a gram is what we pay here . Sucks eh , and half the time you only get a couple joints out of it and it's shitty weed . Every once in a while some good weed comes around for 15 . A guy I know used to sell a quarter for 50 .

I hate living on an island , all the weed we get here is like half a year old or something , ha ha .

Anyway I usually prefer HashOil anyway . but it's still the same prices for a .7 . 20 bucks . you get like 18 draws(joint's , spliffs , whatever) out of it .

Originally posted by warsofwinter
$12 a gram , I fucking wish man , This is Newfoundland man , anywhere from 20-25 bucks a gram is what we pay here . Sucks eh , and half the time you only get a couple joints out of it and it's shitty weed . Every once in a while some good weed comes around for 15 . A guy I know used to sell a quarter for 50 .

I was in newfieland about 8 months ago and there was no weed to be found, just very nasty oil going for 25 a vile which gave me a panic attack. Shitty, how do you survive? hehe.

Anyway, I heard something about the mj laws here in ontario being such that mj is now classified as something other than an illegal narcotic, so anyone busted with less than 30 grams of the stuff can fight the charge as being "unconstitutional" and probably win. Pretty cool eh? hehe.

I think it's about fucking time the laws laxed up a bit, the gov't is spending too much money fighting this "problem" which is just getting worse. Sure it's a gateway drug, but so are caffiene, nicotine, and alcohol, so who the fuck cares?

lard tunderin geesus b'y,

Satori

Originally posted by Satori

Sure it's a gateway drug, but so are caffiene, nicotine, and alcohol, so who the fuck cares?

Satori

Hehe, seeing as how we're on the topic of this, last weekend was my first real twisted experience with drugs......In newfoundland of course!

I popped about 10 caffeine pills (i was feeling pretty down, it was my last weekend here), split a 26'er of whiskey with my friend. The caffeine screwed me up, and within a few drinks I was beyond the point of making sense. From what I've been told, I had my first taste of nicotine that night, I was stealing cigarettes from my friends and eating them.....Lucky I didn't die or something, though I don't rememebr much.

It was fun though!

BTW Satori, where in NF were you, how'd you like it here?

Originally posted by Satori

I was in newfieland about 8 months ago and there was no weed to be found, just very nasty oil going for 25 a vile which gave me a panic attack. Shitty, how do you survive? hehe.

Anyway, I heard something about the mj laws here in ontario being such that mj is now classified as something other than an illegal narcotic, so anyone busted with less than 30 grams of the stuff can fight the charge as being "unconstitutional" and probably win. Pretty cool eh? hehe.

I think it's about fucking time the laws laxed up a bit, the gov't is spending too much money fighting this "problem" which is just getting worse. Sure it's a gateway drug, but so are caffiene, nicotine, and alcohol, so who the fuck cares?

Satori

I wouldn't really call it a gateway drug . Some people that take drugs take it because of the rush , when they smoke weed , it's not a big enough buzz for them so they move on to newer things . I love weed , and i've had my time's when I was sick of it , but never sick enough that I was lookin for E or anything . Shrooms are alright I geuss , but I had my turn with that drug .

Look for a site that give's you the real fact's on weed , you'll learn that it is not a gateway drug , in fact it has been used to help heroin users quit doing heroin .

And weed does not cause brain dammage . other drugs like ecstacy can but studies have shown that weed doesn't . there are certain parts on brain cells called 'Responders' when a person consumes alcohol these Responders are tickled or even killed , but when a person smokes some pot , the Responders are only tickeld which gives you the buzz you get when you smoke weed .

A person that has just begun smoking marijuana will have short term memory loss while they are smoking it , but studies have shown that it does not effect the person's ability to remember things when they aren't high . Further studies have shown that an experienced weed smoker (like myself:D ) does not have short term memory loss when the person is stoned or not stoned , I geuss the brain just has to take some time to get used to it .

Most beginner's think that they shouldn't get to addicted to the drug or they may never stop smoking it ,:loco: , Marijuana is not phisically addictive , it's more psycologicaly addictive than phiscally .

Does weed have more tar in it than cigarette's , yes , but if you compare the average amount of weed in a joint to the amount of tobacco in a cigarette you'll find that you'll smoke more tar in a cigarette ,and the average weed smoker doesn't chain smoke , the weed smoker smokes until he/she is satisfied , unlike cigarette smoker's who smoke every 10 minutes for example .

I just don't understand why more people don't smoke the stuff , it does nothing to harm you , i'd say the only thing that it does do wrong is give you a bad image to the people that know nothing about weed .

Weed has never caused any death's , but alcohol has caused millions , why is this drug legal and the other not ??????? What a fucked up gov't we have , and another thing I can't live with is the fact that the gov't let's thousand's of theif's , rapist's and murderer;s out of jail so they can throw thousand's of weed smoker's in .

Anyway , NOBODY'S STOPING ME FROM SMOKIN WEED , FUCK THE POLICE AND FUCK YOU (you , referring to all the people that don't agree with me of course ha hahahhahaha)

Glen O'Keefe

On Behalf of all the potheads on this board .

A person that has just begun smoking marijuana will have short term memory loss while they are smoking it , but studies have shown that it does not effect the person's ability to remember things when they aren't high . Further studies have shown that an experienced weed smoker (like myself:D ) does not have short term memory loss when the person is stoned or not stoned , I geuss the brain just has to take some time to get used to it .

I think that's a load of shit. I dunno how good the gear is that you smoke, but I can tell you, the stuff I smoke sure does cause short-term memory loss. Of course if you take a break from smoking, it'll slowly come back, but it definately does cause short term memory loss.

My favourite pot-defense quote:

"The worst thing anyone ever did on pot is eat the last bag of chips"
- Joshua A. Cotie

E is a totally different story.. it's not like other anti-depressants which just prevent your brain from sucking up the spare sarotonin... E just takes the bucket and POURS IT OUT into your brain. Haven't done it, but I know it can be dangerous (apparently a lot of ppl piss their pants), and it's kinda pricey (but no more than 3 grams of shrooms in low season)

Awww... you guys have trouble finding good weed for low prices? I feel so sorry for you, hangin' out here on the west coast (mwuahhahaha).

As for the short-term memory loss, my low-caliber research studies (i.e. watching my friends and what I hear from others) indicate that this is, in fact, quite true. Moreso, the permafries who cut back seem to continue to have lingering memory issues after they do so.

I still say legalize the shit, set up some crown corporations to produce it, make some jobs, slap on a big tax, sell it in liqour stores, and STILL undersell the street cost. We can either fight the stream on some ancient notion that "pot is bad" or make everyone's life easier and fiscally benefit as a nation.

Originally posted by Duvall
My favourite pot-defense quote:

"The worst thing anyone ever did on pot is eat the last bag of chips"
- Joshua A. Cotie

E is a totally different story.. it's not like other anti-depressants which just prevent your brain from sucking up the spare sarotonin... E just takes the bucket and POURS IT OUT into your brain. Haven't done it, but I know it can be dangerous (apparently a lot of ppl piss their pants), and it's kinda pricey (but no more than 3 grams of shrooms in low season)

Hehe, such a true quote.

On the subject of Ecstacy though, I don't think that you can possibly get as good a natural high than if you were on E. I have never in all my years heard of anyone pissing their pants though. The thing you have to watch with Ecstacy, is alot of what gets sold as E is not. MDMA (pure ecstacy) is quite rare in Australia, and not cheap (approx $40 for one). Most of what gets sold has only a little bit of MDMA or variants such as MDA mixed with Speed, sometimes Chrystal Meth, Ephidrene the list goes on. As a casual thing, I find E doesn't have any major long or short term effects.

I was talking to my friend last night in Maine and she said a few radio stations there talk about weed and making it legal for distribution in every county??? I was like, "Are you sure you heard that correctly?" Shrooms are creepy. They're like, "Wow, what a crazy trip that was...I'm coming down now." Then you realize you're totally soaring again! THEN you think it's over...but then it's NOT AGAIN. Made me black out. Too many trips in one sitting I guess. hahaha What the hell is hashoil? I've definitely experienced memory loss from smoking weed. The downside I felt was killing brain cells. If that's false, then great. I like that it's not physically addictive like these damned cigarettes. (oh, no wait, that'd be me that was damned.) We get great weed very often. :D

Lynn

I stray in the quiet cold.

Hash Oil is like block's of hash melted down into a liquid and mixed with some other stuff to make it smokable I think , but then they sell it after they cut it with something like flour or something like that , so it's not as good as weed , but for 20 dollars it sure last longer here .

Originally posted by Till Fjalls
BTW Satori, where in NF were you, how'd you like it here?

Holy crap, don't be eating tobacco, it can kill you! If you eat like 3 or 4 smokes and manage to keep them down you'll probably die, no shit, I'm not kidding. That's why nicotine was used as an insecticide before they established it was much too toxic and dangerous for that purpose. That's also why tobacco plant pickers have to use gloves, just a few hours of touching the leaves without gloves can make you sick for days, and if you do it enough it can kill you. Also, if a baby ate as little as 2 used butts then you have to make funeral arrangements. Tobacco is a very very horrible poison, but smoking it is a very ineffective way of getting the nic out of it. Please be careful.

Anyway, I was in Stephenville, NF, which is where I was born and raised till I was 18, then I got the fuck out, hehe. It was ok there, kinda boring, but the scenary was nice. There's not as many teenagers there as when I left back in 91.

cheers,

Satori

Cool , I live in Corner Brook , actually it's like 5 minute's outside of corner brook , alright here , like you said , nice scenerey and shit , I don't really like it here , it's like a retirement home in corner brook now . Stevenville is a nice place though . Not many metal shows here in newfoundland (actually none) but this place has alot of inspiration if your a musician .

The only 2 things I hate about newfoundland are the price of weed and the lack of good metal cd's ,metal shows ,,metal t-shirts and metal radio station's .

Cool , I live in Corner Brook , actually it's like 5 minute's outside of corner brook , alright here , like you said , nice scenerey and shit , I don't really like it here , it's like a retirement home in corner brook now . Stevenville is a nice place though . Not many metal shows here in newfoundland (actually none) but this place has alot of inspiration if your a musician .

Yep, lots of inspiration. So you are living in Curling? Is that what it's called? It's been a long long time for me but I remember that huge/steep fucking hill...

Did you know that before Stephenville got a McDonalds, they would drive an hour to coner brook just to get a big mac? Boredom does strange things to ya... no wonder so many people there drink, fuck, and smoke the sweet mary jane..

Satori

Holy crap, don't be eating tobacco, it can kill you! If you eat like 3 or 4 smokes and manage to keep them down you'll probably die, no shit, I'm not kidding. -Satori

Oh my god...lol...:::shakes head:::...no shit? I had not a clue. Wow. And that thing about if an infant ate 2 butts out of mommy's ashtray?? Wow. I'm going to be telling everyone I know this today. WHY DON'T MORE PEOPLE KNOW THIS? Ah, what am I bitching about. Cigarettes kill either way ya look at it. Ones just slower than the other. My buddy says to the clerk at the store, "Kill me slowly." and he hands him some Marlboros. So he says, "Slower." and he puts them back and gives him Lights. He says again, "SLOWER!" and they guy gives him Ultras. :rolleyes:

Lynn

"And you are just like them all,
Stained by the names of fathers."