Welcome home PP VI people...

TwizstedJesus

Mar 1, 2004
Well,

I guess its all over for you guys that made it this year.I didn't go,since I was not overly impressed by the lineup,but I still felt like I was missing out by not being there,just because I've been to IV and V and I know how stellar of a job Glenn does.
Now, I wanna hear all the stories and all the incredible Cd find's you all had. I will be planning to go once again next year,Hurricanes be damned!
Glenn,get the ball rolling soon on PP VII, and shoot for Epica or/and Arjens Lucassens new project.Theres my "top of" wish list. Throw in something like...say... a Crimson Glory re-union or another Khan/Epica fest and I'll be there with wood in hand

Well here are some stories from me:

1. Hanging out in Stratovarius' dressing room after the show and witnessing Jens Johanssons legendary antics. That guy is hilarious!!! Timo Tolkki being very very cool and laid back. Jorg Michael swigging the hugest bottle of Russian vodka I have ever seen in my life!
2. Eating at 4AM Friday Night/ Saturday morning at Chinese Buddha and watching all of Conception walk in after we did and sit right next to us!
3. Being onstage with D.C. Cooper on his acoustic show at the pre-party on the bongos. Very cool. And yes we did play Peter Gabriels "Solsbury Hill".

Hmm.

1. Meeting Timo Kotipelto, members of Orphaned Land, Stride, Rusty Cooley, Dave Readman and the likes..
2. Hanging out with fellow PP'ers. Love the atmosphere, you could go up to ANYONE and have a good convo, like you've known them your whole life.
3. Getting tons of sweet stuff I never thought I could get my hands on (Rage - Unity Tour shirt in particular).
4. Sitting next to D.C. Cooper @ 9 am this morning on a flight from Atlanta to Charlotte. Nice CAP to the weekend =)

So where did Glenn hide the "opening" bands this year? I stayed at the Residence and only saw Urban (but he really doesn't count as a band member this year).

And what's this about a Chinese restaurant open late? Where? Where? Where?

eppst1 said:
So where did Glenn hide the "opening" bands this year? I stayed at the Residence and only saw Urban (but he really doesn't count as a band member this year).

And what's this about a Chinese restaurant open late? Where? Where? Where?

Chinese Buddha, on 14th on the far side of I-85, near the Courtyard Marriot.

When (and if) they widen 14th Street, Chinese Buddha will have to move (or close :( ), but in the meantime, it's close and it's handy. And surprisingly good, even if they didn't have any egg foo young left.

I think Glenn hid the openers at the Fairfield. The 'closing' was all an elaborate ploy. :D

Nahh...they were quartered at the Courtyard by Marriott. Hope they didn't have the same overbooking issues as the Residence Inn did.

Well, for me it was all about meeting Manticora and thanking them for what they did for me while I was going thru Chemo (They sent me a letter and 2 T-shirts, for me and Bryan). Met them Thursday night @ Pre-Party. They are very cool guys, easy to hang out with and great fun! Very generous people.

Also got to meet Rusty Cooley & he let me hold his 8-string Conklin guitar!
RC1.jpg

Very cool dude!!!

Friday, was front row for Manticora (as promised!). They were amazing live! Got to hear Cantos! And ontop of it, Lars put the mic over Bryan, myself and Gordo our drummer to sing along a couple of times during "Shadows With Tales To Tell"... which I have to say was very ballsy of them to do. NO other PP band stuck the mic directly into a fan's face to sing along!! Big props to them for that! Afterwards, went and hung out with them in the vendor area.

Saturday I got all my Manticora CDs signed by everyone in the band, and gave them a CD-R with all the pics I took of them from the show Friday night. Their webmaster was there, and said they'd be on the website next week. How cool is that??

Yes, I am officially a Manticora groupie. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Ok, time for bed. Working on 4 hrs sleep and a 12hr car drive.

Didn't see you guys the rest of the festival, but I saw you up there rocking and singing with Manticora. :D

Edit: How did the "Assault On Guitar Center" go? I slept until 2pm, so my weekend was basically eatwatchsleepeatwatchsleep with no room for anything else. :D

As we were walking in... the guys from Dreamscape were walking out. That was funny. I said to the guitarist "I never would have imagined seeing guys like you here". Got a chuckle.

I finally got to play on a Diezel Herbert... which is supposed to be THE highest gain amp out there. Wasn't impressed. Like my rig better.

Oh, and Kevin wants a Petrucci with a piezo now SOOOO bad! LOL