Welcome Thread!

lacifer

New Metal Member
Sep 19, 2006
Oslo, Norway
Hi everybody! ….(Hi Dr.Nick …haha!)….

Welcome to my laboratory... this is where you can ask me about everything from my gear to my sock size, where we can discuss how Circus Maximus can contribute to world peace and just agree the fact that keyboardplaying is the cooles thing on earth since the wheel!

I will try to update with fun sideprojects in this folder, and maybe some studio updates will end up here… we will make the threads as we go ;)

Be my guests!

-lacifer :Smokedev:

“Everybody's a mad scientist, and life is their lab. We're all trying to experiment to find a way to live, to solve problems, to fend off madness and chaos.”

Hey Lacifer what about yr sock size?? don't worry, it's not necessary letting us know something abt the new stuff...you know that we're suffering since years and years ihihihih

Hey Maxx!!

We really dont want you to suffer!! ..we just need the album to be worthy all our favourite fans :worship: !

But... we need to hang out and party again soon, Maxx! ..We miss all of you `crazy Italians´ hihi!

Lasse, I want to thank you for such the wonderful keys.. Unlike other bands I know you seem to really make sure you use quality and unique sounds. I love and appreciate you so much for this! I hope I can see you guys live soon : ) Nice to see you like Star Ocean! Do you any particular game influences on your music?

Lasse, have you guys played Metal Slug X or Metal Slug 3?
Surprisingly great sound track ; )

Keyboarding is the coolest, you rule!

Thanx Weston!

I aim for (and propably live for haha) making (new) sounds and tweak everything! So it means a lot for me hearing that!

I think its important to experiment and find new ways to do things, and I really love doing that! The other guys often come up with cool ideas and keep pushing me too... challenging and fun!!!

I dont know any specific game that has influenced me, but I think a lot of old gamemusic generally is still processing in my brain, and pop out now and then ;)
I was mostly in to `gaming´ from mid 80`s till mid/late 90`s, I just dont have that much time anymore.. sadly..
But yeah! Star Ocean is great! ... "Till the end of time" is just an amazing story!! Blew me away!! .. they should release a book and a movie!

I haven`t played Metal Slug, but I`m on youtube now listening to the soundtracks ;)

later dude!!

-lacifer

edit!

....and I forgot...

Another reason to love "Star Ocean" ... Motoi Sakuraba!!

Gotta love that `stack´...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Lacifier!
Just wanted to let you know: If you ever should get ill or something (hope that never happens), I can fill in for you ;) I spent month to create the sounds you're using... guess I did quite well...(btw.: I kinda hate you for the synth-sound in "The 1st Chapter" [13:30-13:50] :rofl:... also I think thats one of the hardest keyboard-parts to play in all the songs) I used a lot of software to create all those sounds.

Now my questions:
-Do you use any software to create your sounds or is everything "hardware-made"?
-For you, personally, what Keyboard-Part is the hardest one in CM?

Greetz
-Ino

Yeah ok, you're right... but he's the one who has to deal with it right now :rofl: Just wanted to know how he handles this ;)

-Greetz from germany

Hey Inobak!

On Isolate (and the concerts so far) I used mostly hardware gear..just love it ;) ... but "times are a`changing" as they say. I`ve been using alot more software stuff lately. I bought Logic with MainStage 2 and I love that too!!
I haven´t tried it with Circus yet. I will soon.. but it will take some time to program everything... but thats one of the things I love to do!.. Program sounds ,tweak and try to find a way to play it all on 61 keys... I hate carrying more stuff haha ... Whos up for a roadie job?

I really don´t know what is the hardest part to play... but often I feel the times that I try to double Mats` ideas is the most... shall I say ...challenging.. (killing my arms).... But hours of repeating will make everything easier at least.. ;)

As Islandstone pointed out, I didn´t play on the 1st Chapter, and we haven`t played the song live after I joined the band, so I havent programmed any of it yet...
I guess Espen is using his Andromeda (Alesis) on that solo... If he (Espen) is still around here he can correct me if I am wrong ;) .. and inform us all!
We need more keyboard players here in the Lab ..muahaha!

-lacifer

Hi man ! Never figured you were a Sakuraba-san enthusiast, that is fucking awesome. Usually japanese composers are more or less ignored by western musicians, which is an absolute shame since they are just GOOD. Uematsu, Mitsuda, Hamauzu, Koshiro, Kondo and the others... I'm a metalhead but that stuff's never leaving my mind !

Sakuraba is in a league of its own though. That guy's gone mad :)
The tracks he wrote for games like the Star Ocean 2 Arrange album, Star Ocean 3 (pure magic), Valkyrie Profile, Eternal Sonata, Shining The Holy Ark... He's fantastic...

He also did some solo records. The most recent one is "Forest of Glass" and is just mindblowing piano solo tracks... Bet that stuff would bring tears to anyone's eyes... I love what he does with keyboards but when he just sits at the piano, man, that's xwhen magic really happens. "So Alone, Be Sorrow" gives me goosebumps everytime. Here's a track from "Forest of Glass" in case you missed that record :

Anyway. Seems we'll have something to talk about apart from CM :)

Cheers !

EDIT : oh and yeah Espen should absolutely hang around here more often... I'll try to talk him into it ! At least he'll answer that question ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow i wasnt expecting this, but yeah star ocean till the end of time is amzing. the fourth one is decent, if you can be solf on nostalgia