what a tangled web we weave

black olive

New Metal Member
Oct 18, 2001
i dont even know where to start

im on the tail end of kicking a serious drug addiction, and it is the hardest thing i have ever done. i just found this page tonight and figured i would post... i think i owned a katatonia cd when i was younger, it didnt sound much like the katatonia cd a best friend picked up for me when she visited europe a couple months ago. last fair deal gone done has been the soundtrack for a gruellingaddiction, seriously warped nights of floating through my apartment, dissociatated to the brim, enduring near death experiences, out of body experiences, comatose, anesthesia, feeling completely alienated from the bustling downtown that lurks just at the bottom of my apartment building. i have been clean almost a week now, the biggest feat for me so far, though it sounds like nothing, the withdrawls are cruel, and very ahrd to ignore... i used katatonia as something else.. it was something more than music.. the cd last fair deal gone down was more of a tool i used to connect my brain into a pulsing humanitarian orb that was radiating with the vision i had, something to put my mentality onto the right track, something that made me realize there is more to life than a drugged stupor. it is more of an emotion than music. this is about the first time in a year and a half i actually feel sober, despite these horrid withdrawls... everything has taken on a new look, a new smell, a new taste.. music is a new sound, this cd that i considered my best friend in these drugged up nights is now something else... but of everything that changed, i can still put this cd on and the door is opened again, to that special place that makes my heart warm and gives me another shred of hope. today is my birthday, i have nobody to celebrate it with. you see, with drug addiction you do things that are very self reightous and selfish. ihave lost all my friends. my family doesnt think too highly of me neither, i know i messed up and that is a fact of life i will deal with... i plan on finally leaving this apartment today, walking down the foyer and out the entry way back into downtown, with this cd in my headphones and walk until i cant walk anymore... the last door is opening today and wherever it takes me it takes me, this is life, so i shall live it.

if somebody here personally knows the band, let them know another fan was touched.

It feels like I don't know what to write. I just hope you will succeed in overcoming this horribly difficult stage in your life with the help of that 'special place', your haven. Feed this musical 'emotion', gain strength of it, so that one day it's no longer just 'welcome', but welcome back.

Originally posted by my dying groom
It feels like I don't know what to write. I just hope you will succeed in overcoming this horribly difficult stage in your life with the help of that 'special place', your haven. Feed this musical 'emotion', gain strength of it, so that one day it's no longer just 'welcome', but welcome back.

me too, but welcome anyway. :) , good luck.