What about Anthrax???

aztattooedsean

crazed tattooed metalhead
Jan 19, 2002
Chandler,arizona
www.facebook.com
I just wanted some attention being brought onto the band's whose messageboard we are on.

When are they suppossed to be starting to write for the new cd?
What little touring will they do for the GOTE cd?

How much support will the idiotic US label give them for the next cd?

Discuss.... :Spin:

Yeah thanks Sean - with ALL respect to Dime (RIP), I do want to hear some Anthrax news. After all they're the main reason we log on here.

From what I can tell from Scott and Charlie's posts, ther's not a lot of new material written for WCFYA's follow-up sadly. I reakon they need to release their next studio record in 05 to keep up their momentum though. As for the tour - I don't think there'll be that much - I think they plan on working on this new material (hopefully) sooner than later.

from recent statements it sounds like they'll start writing in the near future so they can make the span in between albums smaller. and maybe dime's death will even make them want to write new stuff to express what they're going through losing a good friend.

Well, Charlie said he's always writing riffs and coming up with stuff in a recent interview. I'm sure arrangements and lyrics are being worked out, too, on an individual basis for the guys. And I bet we'll have a Dimebag inspired tune that'll bring us all to tears...
Late '05 doesn't seem too unrealistic...

I'm sure it will be. Anthrax's and a hundred other bands. He has a lot of respect in the metal community, as if we didn't know.

Anthrax should quickly put out a Christmas/Chanukah EP on Sanctuary (wouldn't an Anthrax cover of Deck the Halls and Adam Sandler's Chanukah Song be wicked?).

Then they would have finished their four album contract with Sanctuary and could shop around for a real label while writing the new album.

nafnikufesin said:
Anthrax should quickly put out a Christmas/Chanukah EP on Sanctuary (wouldn't an Anthrax cover of Deck the Halls and Adam Sandler's Chanukah Song be wicked?).

Then they would have finished their four album contract with Sanctuary and could shop around for a real label while writing the new album.
the deal with sanctuary is 4 albums,thanks for the info,first time i have heard that.

its a scary thought that they will have to shop a new studio album,i just dont want the same thing that happened with beyond records again,i would be more than happy if anthrax released a studio in the next year and a half,another 5 to 6 year wait and i think the hardest of hardcore fans would find that hard to endure for a third time.

nafnikufesin said:

I was hoping for Run, Run Rudolph or The Heat Meiser song!!!! :D

I'm mister 101!!! :hotjump:

I only hope the whole thing with the old line-up reunion is total bullshit.
But something in my mind tells me it´s not :(

I rather they take their time on a writing a new cd I think if theres no due dates and timeline to follow it will allow them to write better. There shouldn't be any pressure on them to record a new cd.

Thanks Sean. There are lots of ideas. We'll start arranging and putting the songs together after the holidays. The focus is on writing material. A 2005 release is possible as long as the U.S. label situation is what it needs to be. There is a whole bunch of stuff in the works and hopefully everything will work out for the best.
As of now the only dates scheduled are the South/Latin America and Mexico dates. There is rumor of a Dimebag tribute concert late February here in the U.S. that we would certainly be a part of. More on that as soon as we know.
I just got back from Dallas and I am emotionally and physically wrecked. The funeral and all the time spent with so many friends and family was a celebration of an amazing mans life. It was beautiful and brutally sad at the same time. In my heart, I will never say good-bye. I plan on writing more about Dime and it should be up soon.
Peace,
Scott

dutchy said:
Keep it up Scott!!! I feel youre pain!! just got back from my parents andfound out that my mom needs breast amputation because of C!!

oh, dutchy, i'm so sorry! here's to a quick recovery and i hope everythin goes well.