What about Bob?, I mean Rob!!!

EL KISS_GRENUDO

Fear burns at my touch
Apr 1, 2005
Thraxville,CA
Hey I bumped into Rob the other day on Sunset here in Hollywood. (That's the second time) yeah!! I said "whats up" and we talked for a while. I asked what he though about this whole "Reunion thing" and he just looked down and knoded his head. Right away I said "No fucking way they just blew you guys off like that, You and john? Yeah pretty much, he said. He told me he had just finished having lunch with john. He also told me this:
The original idea for the bands 20th anniversary was to do half a set with joey.bello,spitz and the other half bush,rob. but bush didn't want to.(I guess like when joey didn't want to beacause of the money)He told me that this band(Anthrax) should be recording a new album not doing this(the reunion)
So there you have it folks, I couldn't finish telling rob how fucked up this is. It's all about the money people.Don't believe scotts blog (myspace). It took me alot of thought to post this but i said Fuck it!! All us loyal fans Deserve to know what is really going on with bush and caggiano. I don't mean to start beef with the band and rob, but I figured if he didn't want anyone to know he would'nt of told me anything. I've had the opportunity to talk with Rob about three times and he is a totally awesome dude. Not like scott that didn't even wanna take a pic with his fans. Caggiano was cool the day of the "what doesn't die" video shoot,music of mass....premiere party. Just a down to earth guy. Rob is currently producing records. Rob if u read this, You fucking Rock man!!!!!
My opinion on all of this is as follows:
Yes, it sucks big time. But why lie and say I hate Anthrax or this reunion deal? Shit, I already have my tickets for the vagas and the key club shows.I like anthrax no matter what. They shoul just have the balls to tell the fans the truth about whats really going on. We (the fans) Made anthrax what it is. I GUESS THIS IS THERE FINAL ATEMP TO MAKE SOME REAL MONEY!!!!
BY STEPING ON THE LITTLE PEOPLE///SAD.

EL KISS_GRENUDO said:
Hey I bumped into Rob the other day on Sunset here in Hollywood. (That's the second time) yeah!! I said "whats up" and we talked for a while. I asked what he though about this whole "Reunion thing" and he just looked down and knoded his head. Right away I said "No fucking way they just blew you guys off like that, You and john? Yeah pretty much, he said. He told me he had just finished having lunch with john. He also told me this:
The original idea for the bands 20th anniversary was to do half a set with joey.bello,spitz and the other half bush,rob. but bush didn't want to.(I guess like when joey didn't want to beacause of the money)He told me that this band(Anthrax) should be recording a new album not doing this(the reunion)
So there you have it folks, I couldn't finish telling rob how fucked up this is. It's all about the money people.Don't believe scotts blog (myspace). It took me alot of thought to post this but i said Fuck it!! All us loyal fans Deserve to know what is really going on with bush and caggiano. I don't mean to start beef with the band and rob, but I figured if he didn't want anyone to know he would'nt of told me anything. I've had the opportunity to talk with Rob about three times and he is a totally awesome dude. Not like scott that didn't even wanna take a pic with his fans. Caggiano was cool the day of the "what doesn't die" video shoot,music of mass....premiere party. Just a down to earth guy. Rob is currently producing records. Rob if u read this, You fucking Rock man!!!!!
My opinion on all of this is as follows:
Yes, it sucks big time. But why lie and say I hate Anthrax or this reunion deal? Shit, I already have my tickets for the vagas and the key club shows.I like anthrax no matter what. They shoul just have the balls to tell the fans the truth about whats really going on. We (the fans) Made anthrax what it is. I GUESS THIS IS THERE FINAL ATEMP TO MAKE SOME REAL MONEY!!!!
BY STEPING ON THE LITTLE PEOPLE///SAD.

Rob Caggiano and even Paul Crook are lead players Dan Spitz could only dream of being as good as. Cant blame Bush for not wanting to do the reunion, he wasnt a part of this ATL lineup of Anthrax and why should he go out and basically perform side by side with a previous line up of the band hes been the singer the longest. Would be cool if John, Rob and Joey Vera got something going together.

fuelee2004 said:
Rob Caggiano and even Paul Crook are lead players Dan Spitz could only dream of being as good as. .

I have to disagree....Crook is technically the best but I never liked his leadwork on vol.8 or stomp.....Robs solos on TGOTE are not even in the same league as the originals. The best thing Rob brought to Anthrax was his production skills. If Rob's guitar work is so awesome I have yet to hear it...

I doubt Frank would have returned if they kept the WCFYA lineup.

Rob is the best!
If you bump into Rob again, tell him he needs to get his ass to Chicago! or better yet- Tell him I'll be in NY in June. :) :) :)

I have to agree, they should've been starting work on a new album. Hell, Charlie and Scott both have stated in interviews right after TGOTE that they were going to start on new material. But on the other hand I can kind of see why they want to do a reunion. They aren't getting any younger and why not do it and get it out of the way before they don't have another chance to? I will check out the show in the fall because I never saw them with Joey. Even though I think Bush puts on a way better/more aggressive live performance. I'll be cool to see the line up I grew up on. I just hope that this is a one of and the go back with Bush and Rob.

Well dude, Me and my mates met Rob backstage when he was in anthrax and he is one of the most down to earth people I've ever seen. Not that thats relevant. I also just got off the phone 10 miins ago after trying to talk to Frankie Bello, which i did for like 5 seconds, because anthrax are playing in dublin and im not fucking there. Why? I don't have a fucking clue. But all the same, AMTL lineup or not, it was pretty shit to just tell rob and john they were out, if thats what happened. It doesn't matter to me who it is playing, as long as they rock to fuck out.

BTW, where was Frankie Bello for a long time? I was well pissed that i never saw him in belfast last year.

Here I was, all set to say.....
You know what? None of us was there, who knows what happened? Speculation is for crap.
But, hearing it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak, is a whole different thing altogether. I have to say that just blows.
I'll be at the Vegas show (see you there Grenudo), and while I've always loved Anthrax in every form, this is still disappointing to hear about...

I'm sorry to say, this is one confused band. I just don't get what the hell they are doing. Scott and Charlie have been saying "good riddance" to Spitz and Belladonna for the last decade, pushing the shit out of their last few records and DVD, and now a reunion? What the hell? I was actually very melancholy when the news was official. "Part of the Anthrax family"?? :erk: What the hell are they doing? Any decent manager would have nixed this idea. Bush is best for Anthrax, Crook was their best lead guitarist, Rob was/is cool, that's where I stand. I can't even bring myself to buy Greater of Two Evils, even though here it's the digipak with bonus tracks. I've soured on these guys. But I'll wait this one out. By the way, I can't help but think this reunion something to do with Bello leaving last year, i.e., he wanted it then. I dunno, just a theory.

killing_box said:
... I will check out the show in the fall because I never saw them with Joey. Even though I think Bush puts on a way better/more aggressive live performance...
OK, how do you know Bush puts on a better performance if you've never seen them with Joey? Not trying to start an argument here, but it seems like you can't compare both lineups if you haven't seen both lineups.

AstroCreeper said:
...But, hearing it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak, is a whole different thing altogether...
I wouldn't say we've heard anything "from the horses mouth" yet. All we've heard is one posters story which has yet to be confirmed. I'm not calling him a lier, but we don't know if he is or isn't.

right people make shit up to seem awesome all the time. and then say "why the fuck would i make this up" I have no clue why people do it but i've known a few that make up stories like this and i have blatently caught them in a lie. just being skeptical is all.
-jono-

Frankie did NOT leave because he wanted a reunion. There were other reasons for his 'break'.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
It doesn't take much to invent stuff... I'm not saying calling you a shit slinger but I'd rather have a reliable source.

Ya man, I agree. No offence to the original poster. :erk:

johnnieCzech said:
Scott and Charlie fucked over John and Rob, no matter what they say, end of story.
All I'm saying is maybe we should all just wait and hear what John and Rob have to say about it. They may not feel that way at all.

I have to agree with Mikey. I'm not a reunion supporter but that doesn't mean I'm going to automatically believe this. Does it sound plausible? Yes. Am I convinced the conversation happened? No. And I say that with all due respect to the original poster.