What about death or black metal?

sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
Any interest in having a death metal or black metal band at Madfest?
For instance: http://www.myspace.com/hatredmetal
I like this band, a lot, and they contacted me about playing in 2008. If it works out, I'd be inclined to add them,
unless you all stop me now.

I love death & black metal but that doesn't mean squat for Madfest because I also love Japanese dance pop,
so the decision is up to you - the attendees!

I have no problem with this band, I particularly like their softer parts. They kind of have a Solitude Aeturnus feel. I just really dont like bands like Cannibal Corpse or Dark Funeral. The ones where it is constant blast beats etc.

I've never been a fan of black/death metal...and I'm from Tampa/Brandon area, so go figure. Though, I'm usually in the minority on my opinion, so wtf do I know.

I love death & black metal but that doesn't mean squat for Madfest because I also love Japanese dance pop,
so the decision is up to you - the attendees!

Yes, Japanese dance pop and maybe some Psychobilly like Horrorpops or Crypt Keeper Five.:D I'm sure everyone would love it.

I have no problem with this band, I particularly like their softer parts. They kind of have a Solitude Aeturnus feel. I just really dont like bands like Cannibal Corpse or Dark Funeral. The ones where it is constant blast beats etc.

Cool, thanks! That's exactly the kind of answer I was looking for! Keep them coming people! :)

I've never been a fan of black/death metal...and I'm from Tampa/Brandon area, so go figure.
:lol: that actually made my laugh out loud!

Yes, Japanese dance pop and maybe some Psychobilly like Horrorpops or Crypt Keeper Five.:D I'm sure everyone would love it.
Totally!! Japanese dance pop like T.M. Revolution or Kagrra! And horror punk like Shadow Reichenstein! Psychobilly you say? How about Country Bob & The Bloodfarmers? Or Nuke & The Living Dead? Actually, that's not a half-bad idea! :lol:

Tammy you know I am a fan of great music no matter the label put on it. I suggested last year when bands were recommended for Madfest 2007 that Vesperian Sorrow would be a great band to have and I still say that. I think Madfest is about the quality of band instead of whether they fit a certain category or not!

I also would shite a brick if you had Shadow Reichenstein on the roster next year!!

OH yeah...and to me Hatred fits into more of a thrash/death vibe...I like em a lot! I immediately recognized Tim from Painmuseum!!

Tammy you know I am a fan of great music no matter the label put on it. I suggested last year when bands were recommended for Madfest 2007 that Vesperian Sorrow would be a great band to have and I still say that. I think Madfest is about the quality of band instead of whether they fit a certain category or not!
True, but you are in the minority.

I also would shite a brick if you had Shadow Reichenstein on the roster next year!!
Ah, note taken ;)

OH yeah...and to me Hatred fits into more of a thrash/death vibe...I like em a lot! I immediately recognized Tim from Painmuseum!!
Yep, they wrote to me and are interested in playing Madfest. I can't really offer them much, nor am I sure I'm ready to make that move yet. At least Vesperian Sorrow has already generated some interest in our little community, and if there's one band form Virginia I'll be bringing out it's Division. But we'll see what happens.. :)

Shadow Reichenstein are very cool.

:cool:

Looks like they're heading out for another European tour! They did one earlier this year, yet they have never toured the U.S. Unfortunately they are way more popular overseas, and as a result we don't get them for a Halloween show in Dallas. Kinda irritated by that actually, it's become somewhat of a tradition. I must get a financial sponsor this year so I can ensure their performance! I have a rather unique relationship with them, for better or for worse, so I can likely pull it off for 2008 :tickled:

Very much into the extreme metal genres - and I agree with the poster that indicated constant blast beat monotonous styles are plain boring.

Give me drama, give me melody, give me emotion, give me a kick in the ass, I'm intrigued. I dig everything from Viking black metal (ala Moonsorrow, Thyrfing, Turisas) to Irish and Folkish influenced metal (Primordial, Mael Mordha, Waylander) to sweeping black metal (Nae'blis, Wolves in the Throne Room, October Falls, Drudkh, Raventale, Agalloch) to the black 'n roll style (probably the most accessible and melodic of the blackened styles such as Satryricon & Malsain - Malsain has the best female growler I've probably ever heard btw). I love Destroyer 666 as well but they fit into a category all their own (thunderous & in your face, yet melodious and epic at the same time).

You start bringing bands of that ilk, my presence is virtually assured. :kickass:

Cheers,

Jason

I agree with Dark One on almost all those bands. The ones I dont I am not really familiar with, well actually Satryicon doesnt do a whole lot for me. Though Viking and Folk stuff is some of favorite.