What about the freaking updates???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nocturnal Swede said:
You didn´t seem to think that this thread sucked when you wrote that you felt "sad inside".. Nor did anyone bash you for writing that 4 years was just to long. :)
That was before the thread became a giant orgy of arguing. And yes, I have feelings. Big deal. Wanna fight about it? :D

Ahh... fuck, i just got around to reading this. Wish i would have jumped in sooner... i KNOW y'all were missing some of the Zach luvin' that comes with these hillarious threads. I will now make a few points.

1) as was stated earlier, SX owes you shit, plain and simple. I just don't see where you get off expecting something and getting pissed because they don't post something. Here you go: "Michael Pinella farted today, and it was an e flat. We all laughed." How's that for an update?

2) No one forces you to come to this forum, so bitching about the way it is run is just fucking appalling. Do you go into people's homes and berate them about how they keep their spice rack organized or if they chose to say a prayer before dinner? How is bitching about how this forum is run any different? [Hint: it's not]

3) I really did think the way you base your expectations on how SymX should run their business on that of other bands. Yes, other bands do happen to be able to put out albums in rapid succession. Now take all of the bands who do that and measure the quality of those albums (yes, this point was brought up before). Kreator had 4 years between Enemy of God and Violent Revolution. Sadus had 9 years between their most recent albums. Dissection had 11 years. It happens, deal with it.

You know why you piss me off the most? Because you bitch and moan and don't take any initiative to do anything yourself. Look, if you're that upset, start a band in the vein of symphony x and write your own music. Do something about it. Don't sit around on your ass in front of the computer for 3 hours responding to the thread. Looks like you lead a rich full fucking life right there. Anyhow, i hope you have a seziure :)

i missed everything on this thread, too...but seriously, what's with the obsession (of SOME, not all on this forum) with updates?
the album is gonna come out when it comes out, plain and simple. there's something i enjoy about the suspense, especially when most updates are all the same. just go on some other bands page, read their "update" and pretend it's an update from Symphony X.

"Our writing/recording process is going very smoothly right now. We have about 75% of the songs down and are working on a few more (musically). Lyrically, things are also going great. The sound is a bit heavier, but don't worry, we're still the Symphony X you love."

there's your update.

Well, although there was this chat (which I read) it's already a month ago
and in a month a lot can happen.

So nobody really knows if they have already started recording or how far
they are in general.

*cough* Lets keep this plain and simple children! EVERYONE in who pays attention to the site likes/wants updates... (Me being one of them) But their is a fine line to be crossed... And you my friend crossed it (refering to thread starter) You arnt just given your thoughts/opinion, this is an attack in the literature form! You're attacking the band, the forum go'ers, mods ect!|

You have to udnerstand SYMPHONY X is not a band like DREAM THEATER who do music for a living... They are just an extraordinary/popular garage band! (not saying thats a bad thing) They don't feel rushed to release stuff, nore do they care much about the site! Because for them music is a hobby/fun thing to do-not their life/living!

The new album isn't four years overdue... The album was announced officially around the time gigantour was being announced..(maybe a little earlier) given them time they have been working on it, I think its a fair amount of time and actually impressive considering the complexity in their music.

I use my computer/internet often...everytime I open it up I check the Symphony X webpage in hope for an update...I like news/updates..whether it be about americains die'ng in Iraq or Americains dropping bombs on use Canadians... I like to know whats going on, and not recieving the news/updates bothers me ginormously...And used to piss me off even! And still does, but like Mrfast I belive, I have just given up...and forget about it now...Which is a shame!

You also mentioned something about update every month... Thats pushing it in this case... If you wan't to be respected start by doing some forum research... They promise Bi-Monthly updates, and although thats a long ass time, and half the time they're un-informative updates its what they promise! The last update was in Febuary...According to the promises made by the mods of the forum (or symphony X crew peeps) we get bi-monthly...which gives us one probably in May! And despite contrary belief, the band and the Symphony X crew stick to their promises and will deliver an update in their bi-monthly period!

So Live it, love it, Learn it...

PS: Frozen core...its not an obsession its just how things work in life... When a new movie is comming out they have posters, teasers, trailers ect... something leading up to the release date (same with any product that is released for entertainment) Give or take A Symphony X album isn't a hollywood motion picture (although it should be) A few updates are nice to see... And Also although the thread starter crossed that line, some do agree with him to a minimial extent (like me and MrFast for example) Just because we 'LIKE' to see updates doesn't mean we want the album rushed or to come out soon... The updates have nothing to do with how soon or far away the album would come out... If they announced the album 4 years ago Id still want to hear updates about it, no matter how many damn years it would take!

Point is, when it comes to being in an unknown area in the dark, you'd rather have a dim flashlight than one match!

proulxski said:
*cough* Lets keep this plain and simple children! EVERYONE in who pays attention to the site likes/wants updates... (Me being one of them) But their is a fine line to be crossed... And you my friend crossed it (refering to thread starter) You arnt just given your thoughts/opinion, this is an attack in the literature form! You're attacking the band, the forum go'ers, mods ect!|

You have to udnerstand SYMPHONY X is not a band like DREAM THEATER who do music for a living... They are just an extraordinary/popular garage band! (not saying thats a bad thing) They don't feel rushed to release stuff, nore do they care much about the site! Because for them music is a hobby/fun thing to do-not their life/living!

The new album isn't four years overdue... The album was announced officially around the time gigantour was being announced..(maybe a little earlier) given them time they have been working on it, I think its a fair amount of time and actually impressive considering the complexity in their music.

I use my computer/internet often...everytime I open it up I check the Symphony X webpage in hope for an update...I like news/updates..whether it be about americains die'ng in Iraq or Americains dropping bombs on use Canadians... I like to know whats going on, and not recieving the news/updates bothers me ginormously...And used to piss me off even! And still does, but like Mrfast I belive, I have just given up...and forget about it now...Which is a shame!

You also mentioned something about update every month... Thats pushing it in this case... If you wan't to be respected start by doing some forum research... They promise Bi-Monthly updates, and although thats a long ass time, and half the time they're un-informative updates its what they promise! The last update was in Febuary...According to the promises made by the mods of the forum (or symphony X crew peeps) we get bi-monthly...which gives us one probably in May! And despite contrary belief, the band and the Symphony X crew stick to their promises and will deliver an update in their bi-monthly period!

So Live it, love it, Learn it...

PS: Frozen core...its not an obsession its just how things work in life... When a new movie is comming out they have posters, teasers, trailers ect... something leading up to the release date (same with any product that is released for entertainment) Give or take A Symphony X album isn't a hollywood motion picture (although it should be) A few updates are nice to see... And Also although the thread starter crossed that line, some do agree with him to a minimial extent (like me and MrFast for example) Just because we 'LIKE' to see updates doesn't mean we want the album rushed or to come out soon... The updates have nothing to do with how soon or far away the album would come out... If they announced the album 4 years ago Id still want to hear updates about it, no matter how many damn years it would take!

Point is, when it comes to being in an unknown area in the dark, you'd rather have a dim flashlight than one match!

I agree, now that I look back on it, "obsessive" isn't the right word. I, too, would like to see the updates, but the thread-starter just got my blood boiling as this topic has been covered before. That said, I agree with every word you say.

MrFast said:
That was before the thread became a giant orgy of arguing. And yes, I have feelings. Big deal. Wanna fight about it? :D

I just might.. But you´ll end up looking like this :zombie:

Nah, just kidding, i totally agree with you.

Okay, so are we done here? God forbid I be compared to Stalin if I dare to close this thread without asking first..:rolleyes:

seeing as how the original firestarter hasn't posted in a long while, I think you're safe to move into checkmate and be done with this thread. You gave enough time for everyone to chime in and that's more than fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.