What album is everyone listening to at the moment?

I'm playing the new System Of A down non-stop too. Great band, and undeservedly lumped in with the Linkin Parks and Stainds of this world.

The new Cult album is really good, and I've been having a Coroner week too. "No More Color" is a classic!

I bought six CDs from The End last week. The Devin Townsend was disappointing, though I'll stick with it. It'll grow on me I'm sure. The Darkthrone sounds like they're just going through the motions.

The Nokturnal Mortem album was pretty good. It's the first time I'd heard 'em, and it's a shame that they seem to have let politics rule their direction. There was another album that came part of the deal (a Nokturnal Mortem side project, maybe?) I can't remember the name of the band, but it's abysmal shite.. Boring windy noise and animal sounds. That's it!

Agalloch I bought on the recommendation of some on this forum, so I'm blaming you lot! I found it to be poorly concieved and amateurishly executed. There's certainly potential, but I can't see how they made it past the demo stage so far. I've seen them described elsewhere as a "Poor Man's Opeth" which is unfair. To Opeth.

The last one was the new Meshuggah "Rare Trax" which is interesting, though not essential. It's enough to keep me going until the next new one though.

I posted a reply to this last night, and it's not here...weird. :err:

Anyway, I just got a bunch of CDs that I'm trying to get into:
Delerium -- Poem
Ulver -- Kveldssanger
Sinphonia -- When the Tide Breaks

I like the first couple songs on Katatonia's LFDGD, but then they revert back into that "Katatonia drone." Sorry to the diehard Katatonia fans I'm sure are reading this.

I'm really on a Brave/Arise from Thorns kick right now. I just can't freakin turn it off! Like, it's getting in the way of my normal everyday activities, lol. That's a great thing though.

Haha, right now..

Strung Out - Twisted by Design

This is about as heavy as I've heard punk go, the distortion and drumming is almost metal. There's guitar solos (some quite good, including a harmonized tapping solo I think), which sets it apart from a LOT of punk

There's actually quite a lot of double-bass, since the drummer is really into Slayer.. :lol: of all things.

And I swore I heard a growl in there at one point. Yep.. track 5, around the 2-minute mark (right near the end.. yep, it's punk). :D

And Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here is getting at least a play or two daily while I try to learn some of the guitar.

Gamma Ray - Powerplant

Also on today's listening schedule:
Opeth - Orchid
Dismember - Like an Everflowing Stream
Edge of Sanity - The Spectral Sorrows
Venom - Welcome to Hell
Asphyx - The Rack
Sabbat - Envenom

Currently revolving in my CD/LP player:

Spiritualized - Let It Come Down
Anathema - The Silent Enigma
Porcupine Tree - Up The Downstair/Staircase Infinities
Anaal Nathrakh - The Codex Necro

Plus, about 8 Led Zep/Porcupine Tree bootlegs :)

I've booked a flight to see Finntroll in Helsinki, and they've moved the show a week forward and I can't get a refund on the tickets :(

There's nothing replacing it (apart from a band called The Balls??!!! Any info anyone?) and, to rub salt in the wound, Raging Slab are playing a couple of days after I leave.

Bugger...
Arse..
Feck...

Still, I guess I'll get to go out on the piss with the Thales peeps. I wanna eat some Reindeer too :) I want Rudolph's red nose in a seeded bun.

I hooked up with Marko (Wisdom Pearl) and his Mrs last night in London. Nice couple, though I think they're more than a little fed up with their jobs over here (I can't blame 'em..).

NP: Blondie - Parallel Lines

Tool - Aenima, Lateralus
The Gathering - if_then_else

Plus the entire Yes catalog, the show in Finland yesterday was the concert of my life without much question. :D

well im listening to Spice Girls...but you have to apreciate their lyrical supremacy over opeth i mean you cant mess with the lyric ''spice up your life''

No way man. "Get back...back on track...get off of my back. Yeah!" beats those chicks ANYDAY. Pa-lease! :p

I'm listening to "Paradise Lost" - Host.