what amp would you buy?

2 Channel Recto.

I have a 5150 and a Recto right now and the Recto sounds godly compared to the 5150.

I'm a 5150 and Mark IV owner. Been using the 5150 at practice for like the past month or 2, got shows coming up, decided to bust out the Mesas (other guitarist has a Dual Recto).

Let me tell you, I was pretty surprised at how weird the Mesa sounded compared to the Peavey. It sounded so much boomier and not gainy enough. Even with the bass on 0-1....but by the end of practice I was totally LOVING the thing all over again! Peavey is so smooshed and nasally sounding, Mesa breathes.

I'd say the best answer is to give yourself an hour or so to try them both and see which one you like.

I'd pick the Uberschall. But it wasn't on the list. So I vote Peavey :)

H&K is all overpriced b.s imo.

*Edit*

If you haven't tried the Uberschall, go somewhere and try it. I tried the twin jet with KT-88's and it blew my fucking mind, better than the 6505 it has even more mids and it's like liquid tone. It's quite expensive and a bit of a one-trick pony since it has no clean channel. But this pony is the kind you wouldn't mind seeing on redtube.

what amp would you buy?

3565774194_97da9c95aa.jpg

Depends on what you hope to be doing with them. Never used the Coreblade, but between the Peavey and Mesa the Peavey is a one-trick pony, however the Mesa is much harder to nut a good tone out of and it cannot do the 6505 thing.

Depends on what you hope to be doing with them. Never used the Coreblade, but between the Peavey and Mesa the Peavey is a one-trick pony, however the Mesa is much harder to nut a good tone out of and it cannot do the 6505 thing.

yes indeed!
To be fair... i dont know a good amp that ISNT a one trick pony

I've always preferred the Recto tone to the 5150 tone for rhythm guitar.
Something about the mid range quality of Dual and Triple Rectos is just so fucking SEXY.
The thing I don't like about the Dual and Triple Rectos is the price.
Based on price alone, I'd rather get the 6505 anyway, unless I could find a good deal on a used Dual Recto.

nope the 6505 sounds fantastic for modern high-gain sounds (modern hardcore and metalcore)
but also for super scooped deathmetal or newer deathcore sounds.

Plus it can do an more oldschool punk sound.

This 3 different sounds are all on the highest level!!!

Mesa takes too long to tweak out.......But I noticed that with a MAXON OD 808 they sound WAY THE FUCK better. I also noticed that YOU MUST and its almost 100% must have a really great sounding guitar to make the Mesa sound right. This amp will either make a expensive guitar sound really awesome or a shitty guitar sound even shittier,

While the Peavey 6505 can work with shittier guitars and still sound semi decent.

Id choose the Peavey since you can eliminate a lot of headaches, just make sure you have a ISP Decimator ; )

Mesa takes too long to tweak out.......But I noticed that with a MAXON OD 808 they sound WAY THE FUCK better. I also noticed that YOU MUST and its almost 100% must have a really great sounding guitar to make the Mesa sound right. This amp will either make a expensive guitar sound really awesome or a shitty guitar sound even shittier,

This whole "hard to tweak" thing with Rectos is something I've never agreed with. Yes, I think that there is some 'unusable' gain and EQ on tap...but if you're REASONABLE with your tweaking, it's REALLY easy to get a good tone out of em. Hell, I can put every knob on my Rectoverb at noon and be pretty satisfied with the tone already...

Recto 110%. Had a 5150 block letter for 4 years, hired a old mesa dual rec for recording and was gutted..... Didn't realize what I had been missing.
Mesa all the way. love the 5150 but the mesa just has the THING