What are some easier songs to learn on guitar?

Blackened Sky

Dreaming In Red
Sep 7, 2008
North Carolina
I am sure there are many guitar players here, so I ask in your experience what are the of the easier songs to play/learn, the only one I learned so far is Without God.

I've only learned Endtime, Nowhere, and Black Session but tbh all Katatonia *sounds* (I could be wrong) pretty easy on guitar.

I am sure there are many guitar players here, so I ask in your experience what are the of the easier songs to play/learn, the only one I learned so far is Without God.

Depends on the style you want to develop. If you're a beginner, the best thing to do is just learn how to play the damn thing- chords, simple strumming patters, simple power chord riffs, hammer-on/offs, slides, bends etc.

I started out learning Opeth songs about 4 years ago, and have pretty much exclusively tried to emulate Akerfeldt's style because I'm so infatuated with his technique.

But if you are looking for a few simple Kata-songs to learn, quiet world is definitely a good place to start. Very simple but beautiful song.

You really wanna try stuff from Discouraged Ones. I Break, Deadhouse...those are the easier songs to play.

And I completely agree about Dispossession. That lead part in the intro is phenomenal.