What are some good bands you have discovered these past few months

I would say Drudkh, Biomechanical, Deicide (believe it or not), I. Hmm,... there are probably more, but right now I'm too busy studying :lol:

I have just recently enjoying Katatonia. I have heard the name floating around hear and finally got a chnace to hear them and dif them a lot. Also the band Sikth I like a lot, not crazy about the vocals most of the time but dig the music.

Mike said:
Blood Bath

Good choice! Which album(s)? Resurrection Through Carnage (w/Mike from Opeth on vocals) is pretty badass, but Nightmares Made Flesh (w/Peter Tagtgren on vocals) is killer.

Wolftribe said:
Mirrorthrone

Is that still one guy doing everything himself? As I recall, it was pretty sweet.

Creator_Failure said:
Other than that, my friend gave me his 3 inches of blood cd which was quite amusing, and a few months ago i discovered Pestilence, a hidden gem with elements of thrash/death/prog.

3IoB puts on a great live show. Check out Destroy Destroy Destroy, too. And Pestilence...what can I say? Not quite as spacey as Cynic, but they still kick ass like Atheist or Death.

I've been getting into Anata, Finntroll, Amon Amarth and probably some more. I'll remember later.

jesus...all I've been doing lately is listening to new bands. A few I picked up from the Best Albums of 2006 thread (cheers to Chromie, Moose and Jeremy!)

Twisted Into Form (ex spiral architect members doing tech metal of course)
Electro Quarterstaff (tech metal)
Six Organs of Admittance (I'm loving this group)
Scald (sludge?)
Diablo Swing Orchestra (trumpets, violins, opera, flamenco, all twisted into metal)
Circulus (yet another find from the best albums of 2006 thread)
Tub Ring
When
Flat Earth Society (thanks Jeremy)

I think that's it :zombie:

Well last one I really liked, was Seven Witches. Kind of a throw back to the old school metal. Nothing gimmicky just straight away metal. First song on "Year of the Witch" is really cool, putting original metal band names, good live quotes and such. All in all, they are a good band. :headbang:

been getting into the newest Agalloch lately... then getting into Daylight Dies and some November's Doom... also a band i didn't think I was going to like, but surprisingly i really like their album... All That Remains

also been listening to a whole lot of Pink Floyd lately... the entire Sentenced catalog... and also some of the Mars Volta shit is pretty interesting

Into Eternity - Scattering of Ashes
Very talented...incredible drums, and the biggest vocal range I have ever heard. They have elements of thrash, power, melodic death

not godzilla - but GOJIRA !!!!!!

normally I wouldn't much care for this type of music but there it just has some sort of spell on me that I can't break....check out "Flying Whale" if you get a chance

Awesome, dude. Thanks for that plug. I thought so too, but I think I might be a little biased. Anyhow, glad you are enjoying it!
It's Metalhead, Scott hahaha.
The album is indeed awesome

Another band to check out is Enochian Crescent. Great black metal, but not really so traditional.

Wolverine
Still grew on me, but I still find it to be lacking something. The songs don't really make a point.
It's a real shame since they are amazing musicians.
I do respect what they tried to do on Still though.