What are some of the most stupid things you've heard "engineers" say?

In my main job, I am working as a light or sound engineer...depending on the show etc.

One day a popular german band asking me, while doing the soundcheck, if I could turn out these one spotlight...
Me(standing on the light console): "No I can't!"
Him: "Why not?!?!?!"
Me: "It's no spotlight...It's called sun and got no DMX512...so I can't control it with my console..."
:err:

>Make this thread a day or two ago.
>only expect a few responses, here and there.
>come back and see all these posts
>MFW.

tumblr_lq7vdePMvA1qf5ijwo1_400.png

I know a guy who has done a 3 year sound course who used to record live rehearsals with one dynamic mic on a mic stand. It was all he had to use at that time. One jam we needed the mic stand so he moved the dynamic mic to the couch and stuck it in the corner of the arm rest and for some unknown reason put a pop filter on it. The recording ended up with much more bottom end because the mic was sitting in a corner and also the high end would have been masked by the positioning. He claimed it was the pop filter that changed the sound.

I heard him complaining a few months later about how the mic locker at his university didn't have enough pop filters to mic up a full drumkit

"When you're micing a kit, turn the gains up a tiny bit JUST until you hear the signals, then push all the faders up to max to boost the level, that way you won't get any bleed from the other drums" not long after this the guy dropped out of uni...

"The effects of the room dimensions and textures on a guitar sound once you close mic the cab are so small that it doesn't matter."
-"Pro" engineer on another forum who complains he can never get pro level guitar tones, yet insists he knows everything about guitar tones once the conversation turns to argumentation.

I RAGEquit. Actually no, I calmly discussed, firmly suggested, aggressively asserted, then I RAGEquit.