What is the most beautiful, spine-tingling music you have ever heard?

Here's a couple more:

BAND / SONG
Boards of Canada / Happy Cycling

Air / La Femme D'Argent (obvious one, I guess)

Last edited by a moderator:
9:43 of Black Rose Immortal. Still remains for me one of the most "tingeley" moments for me. Hearing that as a kid was something i'll never forget.

Also some Blind Guardian ( during heavily layered vocal parts )
Porcupine Tree
Ihsahn, of late
Some Alice in Chains and Nirvana too tbh

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah (as well as most of Grace)

Hell, yeah! How could I forget? Hallelujah, "Lilac Wine", and "Lover you should have come over", ... as you said pretty much the whole album is freakin great!

More great, beautiful, special, chilling songs:

"Isle of Jura" - Skyclad
"Don't you" - Simple Minds
"How beautiful you are" - The Cure
"Careless Whispers" - Wham (it's total kitsch, i know)
"Scream in blue"- Midnight Oil
"The power of thy sword"- Manowar (more kitsch ;) ... I love the layered voices at the end)
"Bon anniversaire" - Guesch Patti
"Teargas" - Katatonia
"Kayleigh" - Marillion
"Loaded, Leather, Moonroof" - Don Ross

i'll tune in again later to post more ...

So Kosmokrator, you are an Opeth listener, and you also go to the church and you listen to "psalmodies".
That is interesting, so how do you exactly do it? Just before going to the church you have a deliverance blasting...

"The devil guides the way
Tells me what to say
Pours himself inside
And snuffs the final light"

and then you enjoy your "god is eternal" singing?

So Kosmokrator, you are an Opeth listener, and you also go to the church and you listen to "psalmodies".
That is interesting, so how do you exactly do it? Just before going to the church you have a deliverance blasting...

Tells me what to say
Pours himself inside

Don't start bashing other's religion. I'm proud to call my self Christian.

I find it funny how people like you feel that Mikael is a Satanist. Does every author who writes something about Satan mean they are Satanist? Mikael is great with writing dark lyrics, "tell me how your hearts in need, as i drown you in the sea."

I'm pretty sure Mikael looks at his wife and two daughters and says "thank you satan for these gifts." :Smug::rolleyes:

Don't start bashing other's religion. I'm proud to call my self Christian.

I find it funny how people like you feel that Mikael is a Satanist. Does every author who writes something about Satan mean they are Satanist? Mikael is great with writing dark lyrics, "tell me how your hearts in need, as i drown you in the sea."

I'm pretty sure Mikael looks at his wife and two daughters and says "thank you satan for these gifts." :Smug::rolleyes:

And when exactly did i say that Mikael is a Satanist?:zombie:
Don't put worlds i didn't say to my mouth dude.:mad:
I'm not even flaming.
I am just curios to know how those two work together for some people:saint:

I have to say Sigur Ròs. Takk is just so beautiful. I got goosebumbs everytime I listen to this album. The ending to glosoli is so intense, I'm almost in tears during this passage. Cant wait to listen to the new album. Just got it today!

Sigur Ròs - Takk...
Explosions In The Sky - The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
Pink Floyd - Confortably Numb
Dream Theater - The Octavarium Outro

Well, apart from Opeth, which have, on several occasions, brought me to tears, I'd say a lot of modern orchestrated stuff, mainly John Williams and Hans Zimmer stuff.
Some Orphaned Land and the sporadic striking melody. I think one of the greatest examples is Swallow the Sun's The Empty Skies. There's a buildup section there that always gets me.

Among others, The Thin Red Line main theme and Mike Oldfield's Mont St. Michel. Also, Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells Live when he actually starts hitting the tubular bells A-MA-ZING! There are too many to list here but I can relate to some of the other posters.

Tells me what to say
Pours himself inside

I really don't see how me being a Christian interferes with liking metal. (listening to the "pagan" metal of Moonsorrow right now) As I said in the first post, I hoped that people can at least appreciate the chanting regardless of the religion it's connected too (once again, this is not metal-archives :rolleyes:).

Those lyrics you posted aren't Satanic. Theres a difference between talking about the devil and praising him. Just like Black Sabbath, those lyrics are actually portraying the devil in a very Christian sense (he has powers and can possess you, etc). I'd say that those lyrics are coming from a possessed character within the song, going with the theme of a crazed murderer.

And I don't sing along with the choirs, I'm the silent guy who just reads along. (though if I'm ever able to growl...:heh:)

That said, I do feel uncomfortable listening to bands with Satanic or anti-Christian lyrics (most black metal, aside from it's Christian forms and bands with more mature lyrics like Borknagar). But I wouldn't consider it a sin to listen to anti-Christian bands, as long as you aren't believing in the lyrics yourself. But for me, it makes me a bit uncomfortable, anyone other Christian can go ahead and listen. How can one justify that? "Love your enemy," that includes the "enemy's" music. :p

Back on topic, another spine-shaker....

:) Kk

Last edited by a moderator: