What are you G.A.S.ing for right now?

I've been GASing for this:

lg_0131212307_xl.jpg

So un-metal, but so damn nice. The price on the road worn have really come down and I may just pick one up in the early new year.

I'm also looking for a nice mid-priced vocal preamp/channel strip - still looking over my options so no real GAS yet.

From what I'm seeing, the price has only come down $50... screw that. I really want one, but I'll wait until they are like $500-$700 range.

- Waves CLA
- Softube CL1B
- OC 703
- Ampeg SVT 3 Pro
- RE20
- SM7b
- MD421
- parts to finish 1176 (chassis)
- Seventh Circle Audio A12
- various Nebula programs

Ermz also has me gassing for some Opals pretty bad.

More outboard.

Losing my GSSL showed me how much I truly hate ITB processing. I can't wait for the GSSL and the 1176s to get over here, so we can move on and focus on some LA-2A and Pultec builds.

Other than that I've really been wanting a new desk and controller to use for mixing. Moving faders via mouse is uninspirational to say the least.

Other than that, I plan to get one of these next year:

Engl-Fireball-E625.jpg

or

engl-savage-120.jpg

The controller need is my number one. I really trust in hands-on feeling, but I'm always asking to myself how I could find one that will allow me the usual stuff (transport, DAW control, faders, pan) and EQing and Compression with my favourite plugin via dedicated knobs, like a channelstrip of knobs that you would link to a plugin. I think that if I have to use the mouse for EQing and compressing, it's really not perfect.

I dream of an SSL Matrix with motorized knobs. You see, analog circuits of good EQ, comp, sends etc, DAW control, and epic easy insert of hardware. My dream adds motorized knobs, because I feel too lazy to learn using the recal each time I open a project...

Do you have any ideas of a good controller yet ?

Hmmm, let me think:
- AKG C414.
- Focusrite ISA one or Universal Audio 610 solo.
- Rode NT5 stereo pair.
- few Sennheiser E604's.

That's it for now....
Oh and one more thing: a bigger house with a bigger studio room than I already have :D

logic9_small.jpg

microkorgxl_img1.jpg

Line-6-M9.jpg

MPOWERED.jpg

Fender_ClPlayerJaguarSpecial3TS_m.jpg

69743-1-big.jpg

I also have a feeling that my Windsor will soon be replaced by this:

dual-terror.jpg

Can't wait to own a Tiny Terror again, and now it has everything I missed in the first one too! Second channel for cleans and 30w when and if I need more power at rehearsals.

- Boss MetalZone (if someone wants to donate one, please let me know ;))
May I ask why? :p

I only want 2 things (I actually want a lot more, but I think I will be able to buy just 2 things when I sell one of my guitars)
1) A bass guitar. Don't know what brand/model yet because I don't have the money yet, but I want a 5-stringer or a 4-stringer in B tuning
2) Bridge pickups for my 7-string guitar. Haven't decided which ones yet

For my personnal setup:

-Mark L looper/switcher
-Mark L power suply
-a delay (I don't choose actually)

For home studio:
-RME fireface 400 (in january:D)
-RME ADI 8
-SPL Goldmike pre
-API lunchbox with:
API 512 pre
GR MP500NV pre
GR 32EQ
DBX 160A
GSSL
TS9
Tiny teror

I was just going through the net making my list for the year and seeing where was cheapest.

RME Fireface 800
Yamaha hs80M's
Golden Age 73 mic pre
Shure SM7B
AKG C414
FMR RNP

I'd also really like the FMR comp someone posted above earlier but reckon that'll come much later on.
Also got my eyes on a set of sennheiser e614 SDC's a guy is selling for ride/hats mics but won't have the dosh till january so hope nobody gets in there before me!
Also will need to pick up a bank of 8 pre's with adat out for channels 9-16 on the fireface. Money will most definately determine what I get there.
I reckon if I budget well and really push for more work I could have the lot by the summer time.

spl goldmike or fmr rnp
fmr rnc
even more room treatment
digi002+ptle8
waves cla

that's the studio only stuff.....otherwise it's a hartke bass attack, guitar rack poweramp (peavey classic 50:50 or marshall 20:20 i think), rocktron intellifex

....should keep me busy next year :D

-A decent bass for the studio
-New monitors (Dynaudio BM5As would be nice)
-Some more tracking headphones (everyone hates the Vic Firth's and the cheap ones I grabbed at the music store are AWFUL, need to order a few pairs of MoreMe's from Mercenery I think...)
-Metric Halo Channel Strip
-MIDI Controller for drum programming
-Slate's Trigger and FX-G plugins whenever they come out
-27" iMac
-A nice baritone guitar, but I can't even find one in production currently that I like :/
-M-Audio Fast Track so I can edit drums in my kitchen, for some reason I hate being stuck down in the studio all day by myself
-Magic Mouse
-A nice long speaker cable so I can keep my damn cabinet far far away from me when tracking

That's most of the even remotely reasonable stuff... GAS is an incurable disease.

Macbook Pro 15-inch
EMG - 40DC(neck) and if possible a 5-string version of the EMG MMTW
Shure SM-57
D-Drum Triggers (Snare/Kick/3xToms)