What are you G.A.S.ing for right now?

9d5a46aeb6240f74caf4d814938e04f2.image.750x398.jpg

Yamaha HS80m

How good actually are those things?

How good actually are those things?

Ive them. For the price they are quite good, they made a huge improvement in my workflow. I had demoed them against the tiniest genelecs (can't remember the name). The main difference was they have less bass, and I thought they were more flat. For the price I think it's a good option if not the best in that range, just don't expect the same thing as 1030s. It has a good reputation in low budget monitoring, it's a serious product and seems to be solid.

1030's must have way less bass with it having a 5" sub compared to the Yammys 8". Regardless im not sure anybody would expect the same, the Gens are double the price of the Yammys!

Ermz seems to like the HS80M for the price point also, and we know how fussy he is about monitors. The do seem to get pretty great reviews all round though. I may have a listen to them tomorrow actually, just incase my GAS isn't strong enough at the moment :p

Ermz seems to like the HS80M for the price point also, and we know how fussy he is about monitors. The do seem to get pretty great reviews all round though. I may have a listen to them tomorrow actually, just incase my GAS isn't strong enough at the moment :p

Yeah ive had a quick search about and the reviews are outstanding. Not very expensive either! Hence why I was curious about their quality :)

I don't think it's GAS when you know there's no chance of you buying the thing ... I'd call it daydreaming.

Anyway, I wish all of your GAS to come true :lol:

still gasing for the epiphone futura... I'm hoping to buy it in a month. I tried some more expensive guitars, and while they were better, I think the value for price in that guitar is phenomenal.

More outboard.

Losing my GSSL showed me how much I truly hate ITB processing. I can't wait for the GSSL and the 1176s to get over here, so we can move on and focus on some LA-2A and Pultec builds.

THe GSSL is the SSL4000 clone...right?
I haven't found place to order it yet, only to completelly DIY...
You've found any place where that one is available?

1030's must have way less bass with it having a 5" sub compared to the Yammys 8". Regardless im not sure anybody would expect the same, the Gens are double the price of the Yammys!

I've tested it against several genelecs, and I can say the gen were always having more sub. It's not only a matter of size of the speakers, but its construction too. Anyways, having more or less bass is not the point.

Yeah ive had a quick search about and the reviews are outstanding. Not very expensive either! Hence why I was curious about their quality :)

Anybody in this range of price can run buy it, they are really decent for the bucks, I'm plain satisfied with it compared to several different low budget "true" monitors I have listened.

pr28.jpg

x3

pr48.jpg

krk_rokit10_old_main.jpg

and I kind of want this, but I want to mix on one first to see if I like it... for live use not studio. 16 channel digital mixer with recall, built in comps/gates/limter for each channel and built in FX... and they're expandable so I could buy another later and have 32 channels

presonus.jpg

THe GSSL is the SSL4000 clone...right?
I haven't found place to order it yet, only to completelly DIY...
You've found any place where that one is available?

for a retail unit theres this:

http://chameleonlabs.com/product5.html#

Chameleon Labs 7720 Stereo Compressor, which is similar and uses the same "THAT corp" chips as the SSL

Or the SSL rack or module version for silly money,

Im going to build a GSSL though, once i get round to it i might offer to build some for anyone that just wants to buy and use one rather than the DIY thing,
(depending on how mine turns out).