What are you G.A.S.ing for right now?

ph1_8200a_l.jpg

Man so harsh on Trilian :lol: I've heard some Trilogy clips from another user on this forum and it sounds pretty damn convincing if you know what you are doing.

Doooooo it :Smokin:

The G-channel has been really fun to use on Vox. Seriously those strips go on almost all my channels, and along with Nebula I'm finding sonic worlds I almost thought lost to me ITB. This pack is the foundation for EVERYTHING in my mixing. If I had to, I could mix an entire record using just these strips and some stock verb/delays.

The one where the designers asked, "How can we make our thin sounding guitars sound even thinner? I know, let's chop out more wood!"

And yet all players ive talked to that has tried it out says its very full & warm in the sound.. ;)

Besides an amp of course, I have to say, after buying and experimenting with the Redwire Recto Cab impulse pack, I find myself really preferring the sound of the impulses made using the SM57 with the Tab Funkenwork transformer, rather than the regular SM57 - $185 at Mercenary Audio ain't a terrible price...

Besides an amp of course, I have to say, after buying and experimenting with the Redwire Recto Cab impulse pack, I find myself really preferring the sound of the impulses made using the SM57 with the Tab Funkenwork transformer, rather than the regular SM57 - $185 at Mercenary Audio ain't a terrible price...

To quote from the Mercenary description:

Mercenary said:
It effectively makes the mic closer to that of an SM-7...

Verrrry interestinggggg.

013_API_lunchbox.jpg

Maybe not the LaChapell's but the 512c for sure and the
Avedis MA5.
Then maybe the Purple Audio Action for some 1176 action! :)

rosetta1.l.jpg

And something to plug them into of course.
This might be too slutty for my wallet though :(

Realized that I can get the upgrade from DFH Superior to Superior 2.0 for about €60, so that's one thing I'm surely buying soon. Does anyone know if it's stand alone BTW, or do you need to install DFHS for the 2.0 upgrade to work? I'll probably also get a Nanopad or something similar with it for drum programming, I don't like doing it with the Nanokey that much, I'd prefer pads a lot more.

Realized that I can get the upgrade from DFH Superior to Superior 2.0 for about €60, so that's one thing I'm surely buying soon. Does anyone know if it's stand alone BTW, or do you need to install DFHS for the 2.0 upgrade to work? I'll probably also get a Nanopad or something similar with it for drum programming, I don't like doing it with the Nanokey that much, I'd prefer pads a lot more.

I just got a nanoKEY for xmas and it's cool for the synth stuff but the nanoPAD I got for my bday just rocks for drum programming. It's actually really fun to fuck around on too.

OK - now I'm GASing even more for a Fender Road Worn 50's Telecaster. I had time to kill while my wife was getting a manicure/pedicure so I went over to Guitar Center and played one for about 45 minutes through Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb and then a VOX Night Train into a Marshall 1960a - I was in twang heaven, I even did a little chicken picking which is not really my forte, but it was fun.

So - super GASing for this:

MZ9376364-body-l.jpg

it'd be hard to say what I am GASing for right now...
I usually gas for about 50 different things a day... :lol:

a real studio facility, new pres.. new mics.. new amps.. new cabs.. new monitors.. new girlfriend... ehm... looks like I can't afford any of the aboves! :p

Doooooo it :Smokin:

The G-channel has been really fun to use on Vox. Seriously those strips go on almost all my channels, and along with Nebula I'm finding sonic worlds I almost thought lost to me ITB. This pack is the foundation for EVERYTHING in my mixing. If I had to, I could mix an entire record using just these strips and some stock verb/delays.

Haha. Cheers for the input dude. I might just have to get it sooner. :lol:

Yeah you can run it stand alone with separate software (free of course) from toontrack.