What are you G.A.S.ing for right now?

for a retail unit theres this:

http://chameleonlabs.com/product5.html#

Chameleon Labs 7720 Stereo Compressor, which is similar and uses the same "THAT corp" chips as the SSL

Or the SSL rack or module version for silly money,

Im going to build a GSSL though, once i get round to it i might offer to build some for anyone that just wants to buy and use one rather than the DIY thing,
(depending on how mine turns out).

Yeah, after I posted my message I've also browsed around on several ohther forums. This GSSL or the 1176 is going to be my new winter project..... First time to completelly DIY a thing in my rack. I've changed some stuff in my SM PRO audio PR8 preamp, which made it sound much better, that was my first thing.

and I kind of want this, but I want to mix on one first to see if I like it... for live use not studio. 16 channel digital mixer with recall, built in comps/gates/limter for each channel and built in FX... and they're expandable so I could buy another later and have 32 channels

presonus.jpg

I've used it twice, but I still think it's not as easy to use as Presonus says it is. If it will not be shared with any other band, then go for it. Otherwise get something else. It's helluva hard digital mixer to learn if you've never used it before, I thought it was hella confusing.

I prefer Yamaha LS9 (really nice, can totally recommend this one), DM1000 and 01V96V2 (meh) and even the Tascam DM-3200 and DM-4800 (yuk!) way more than the Studiolive.

SM7
fender jazz bass
OC 703
new PC
EMG 81

hopefully i'll be able to make all of those but the SM7 and PC happen this year. i can already snag both the 5150 and the fender for $575, and after paying off some credit card debt with my taxes should be able to find the funds from my regular paychecks to get the fiberglass and EMG...

GAS or gear acquisition syndrome is a disease that you will never get rid of.

from wikipedia: GAS is similar in many ways to very mild obsessive compulsive disorder. However, the urge or impulse to buy can be resisted without too much discomfort, and does not lead to panic attacks. Indeed, if it did, then the diagnosis would be obsessive compulsive disorder.

New PC
New drum heads
New cymbals
New ROOM goddamn my garage sounds terrible
More mics
More/better plugins
Better headphones

Basically everything. Maybe add monitors to that list but I'm so used to mixing on headphones now that everything is translating fairly well. Plus buying monitors means making my room quiet and making it quiet for other people and treating and thats just something I don't have the cash to deal with.

- Rode NT-5, another sm57, audix d6
- acoustic treatment

I'm not sure what to buy after the drum mics, but one of the following:
- 27" iMac, or:
- Neumann tlm 49 + Universal Audio solo preamp, or:
- audio technica AT 4050 + UA La 610 mkII, or:
- Mesa Boogie dual rectifier

:/ hard decision