What are you G.A.S.ing for right now?

DIGI-003-FACTORY.jpg

Should have it by the end of January. Switching over to Pro Tools from Logic, which has been being a bitch lately.

Yeah you can run it stand alone with separate software (free of course) from toontrack.

Ah, that's not quite what I meant to ask, I guess my post was a bit confusing. What I mean is that do I have to install DFHS too for 2.0 to work? I'm not sure I'm going to need DFHS for too many things, and it needs so much disk space too. I currently have DFHS on an external drive, since I don't want to spend ~40gb's of my system drive for it; I'll rather use it for games on bootcamp :lol: IIRC 2.0 is a bit smaller, so I could have it on my system drive for programming random beats on the go, when I don't have either of my external HDD's with me.

Ok, so I just bought this Squier Classic Telecaster (which i love by the way):

SquierClassicVibeTelecaster007_sm.jpg

and now Fender/Squire just announced the new Classic Vibe for 2010 at NAMM - I see a second Tele in my future - it looks so sweet:

0303030500_xl.jpg

Besides the woods I can't see a difference myself :ill:

It's more an aesthetics thing - I think the new one is beautiful looking. I sure they have a slight tonal difference as well since the older model is a Pine bodied guitar and the new one is Alder (the newer one is a bound body ) - different pickups as well.

Old:

Squier’s Classic Vibe Telecaster ’50s puts classic “blackguard” Telecaster vibe into a gorgeous Vintage Blonde-finished pine-body guitar—you’ll be hard-pressed to tell whether or not you are holding a premium ash-body instrument. The vintage-tint gloss-maple neck has a maple fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets and a modern 9.5” radius. Distinctive Telecaster tone rings from the custom alnico III single-coil pickups—giving clear note separation even when distorted, strong midrange dynamic response and plenty of solo high-end bite.

New:

This beautiful 3-Color Sunburst over alder model features a double-bound body and mint green pickguard. The vintage-tint gloss maple neck with rosewood fingerboard has 21 medium-jumbo frets and a modern 9.5" radius.

Other features include vintage-style tuners and a three-saddle bridge with threaded saddles. A custom set of alnico V single-coil pickups provides warmth and clarity and enough punch for country, blues, rock and jazz.

But once again - I just think it's beautiful looking.

Not only because I think it's a killer guitar but it would also be great to support Jason.

Last edited by a moderator:
So - I thought that my next guitar would be one of the newly announced Squier Classic Vibe Telecasters for 2010, but then I played a G&L ASAT Special today; and hot damned that's a nice sounding guitar. Those Magnetic Field Design high output single coil pickups have such a sweet clean sound it just has to be heard. They have a real nice sound driven as well. I tried it out through a Fender Pro Junior and a Mesa Boogie Electra Dyne and I decided then and there that one will be mine. I think it's time to sell of some gear.

I want one in Blueburst just like this:

GLTS_ASAT_Special_BLB_RW.jpg

I think it is perhaps the thing I'm GASing for most now. Even more than the "Road Worn" Tele I played last week.

Call me crazy, but today I had to the chance to check out the 90 Euros Harley Benton Tele that Thomann offers:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbt16be_egitarre.htm

And I actually really liked it. Check out the smaples on the Thomann site to get an rough idea.

It has an awesome bite that is quite similar to my selfbuild Maplecaster. I'm actually tempted to buy one, have yet to get an Ash Telecaster! :D

To me, it sounds much nicer than the lower end Squiers (still want a Classic Vibe, ofc ;) ).

Just one problem: not in stock.

I have a big shopping list this year.

Shure SM7B (thanks to the constant praise it gets around here)
Auto Tune Evo
Metric Halo Channelstrip
27" iMac Quad Core
Rode NT5's or Oktava MK012-01's(need help with that decision)
Audix D6

I desperately need a load of new cables, some new stands.

I'd like to get Ddrum triggers.
Another Studio Projects B1 would be nice but not something I'm overly fussed about.
Radial Pro RMP.
iLok.
Massey L2007.
I might get one of the T.Bone Ribbon mics for shits n giggles, I did read that one of them was pretty good, but they need to be looked after.

I'll make the rest of my bass traps as well at some point, I've got all the materials so I can do the last few.

I am considering finding a Triton Oasys somewhere for sale. Unfortunately, this amazing kb went out of production (and out of support) because of world recession.

OASYS_1000_633713233649860000.gif

I would really like them to release a new massive kb, w/o leaving users hanging in the air..

EDIT: Oh yeah, and this:

ENGLSpecialEditionE67050-100watts-f.jpg