What are you G.A.S.ing for right now?

RecRoomSt1.jpg

I wish I had a room. I'd take that over anything. I'm hoping I can make it happen soon.

RecRoomSt1.jpg

I wish I had a room. I'd take that over anything. I'm hoping I can make it happen soon.

I´m with you also the half of the place would be enough for me.
The rents here in Hamburg germany are so unbelievable high!!!
You have to pay for a 13m^2 room 450€=520$ and you arent allowed to track drums in there??!?!?!?!

Sometimes I wish I growed up on the countryside :(

And it is a dillema, you dont have regular client base, without a real studio, but you cant pay the rent for a real studio without a rugelar client base....

Yeah, thought about an XR like yours for ages, but I just can't justify that much car for a daily drive to work and all the fuel. The XR5 would hopefully be the best of both worlds (economy and room when it's needed).

I hear you. I'm currently working in the smallest space imagineable. I'm in the process of renting a 2400 sq ft mill space. It'll be a dream come true to have seperate live, control and iso rooms. If it happens, I'll be posting a studio construction thread.

I work in a 12x14 bedroom. That's it.

I think my studio is smaller than yours :lol:

I should be moving to the upstairs of my house within the next year, so I'm saving up $20,000 to do construction.

Mine is my 10x16 spare bedroom.

The new setup is gonna be a 15x18 drum room, 10x15 control room, 10x15 vocal booth and 6x8 iso room. Plus two bathrooms, a kitchenette and a lounge. It used to be home to a radio station, so there's windows between tracking and control rooms. Hopefully I can start moving in next month. :headbang:

My upstairs is going to be quite similar. Same sized control room, but a 22x28 live room. I think I'll scratch the iso booth idea. I can do vocals in the control room and such. Iso booths/vocal booths are an ass pain because you have to ventilate very well and you don't want it to feel claustrophobic. You could also just gobo off the live room in a section to do vocals. I suggest completely deadening the ceiling in all rooms.

Good luck man, I wish the best for you. You seem like a super nice dude, and humble as well :headbang: