What are you G.A.S.ing for right now?

a27_a2d_1.jpg

I just want a nice set of drums. I played drums for years, got signed to metal blade got to tour the US/UK and then quit the band and sold my drums. Quitting the band I'm ok with, selling the drums was dumb. My first passion has always been guitar, but I miss my kit. I'm buying a house right now so I can't spend any cash, but as soon as that's over, I am getting a kit damn it!

Oh and I would love a API a2d, really any api preamps would be killer.

Since this thread has been relegated about 5 pages deep I think it's time to give it a little bump with what I'm GASing for now.

I have some serious GAS for the new Egnator Tweaker amp. It's a 15 watt head w/ extension 1x12 cab or 1x12 combo amp (seems everyone wants in on the small form factor amps) with the following features:

* 15 Watts All-Tube
* 2 x 6V6 Power Tubes
* 3 x 12AX7 Pre-amp Tubes
* Master Volume, Gain and 3-Band EQ
* Modern/Vintage Amp Voicing Switch
* Buffered Effects Loop
* Selectable AC, British and American Tone Controls
* Clean/Hot Gain Selector
* Tight & Bright Voicing Switches
* 100V / 115V / 230V Switchable

TweakerHeadFront.jpg

I've been watching a bunch of the Youtube videos available for it and reading the information at the Egnator page and I soooo want it. It takes a lot of the features from the Rebel series and adds a bunch of "tweaking" through voicing switches and such. I really need to find one local to try out - would like to see how it takes a boost in front of it.

It has the usual Egnator "Tight & Deep" and "Bright & Normal" switches but also adds a "Hot & Clean" gain boost switch as well as a "Vintage & Modern" power tube voicing switch, and to top it all off a three way switch that changes the EQ voicing from a Fender type, a VOX voicing, and a Marshall voicing (US, AC, and Brit) - how cool is that.

Check out the videos at Egnator and or on Youtube - it's a sweet little amp for recording and for just plain old fun and well - tweaking! And it sells for only $580 for the 1x12 combo or $400 for the head and another $250 for the cab (both the cab and the combo come with Celestion G12H-30 for the speaker.)

Egnator Tweaker

Audio Clips

Last edited by a moderator:
New Tubes for my Pevey 6505!!! ...but I can´t decide... :(

hm, JJ 6L6 or SED 6L6???

New Tubes for my Pevey 6505!!! ...but I can´t decide... :(

hm, JJ 6L6 or SED 6L6???

JJ give a plastic feel with 6505 imo
A friend of mine have one with JJ tube so I put my winged C (svetlana logo C in EU) on it. I prefer...

Just my opinion btw

Got some money now and some serious gas for a 6505... but I also think about saving it to buy the Ford from my parents next year :/