What are you listening to now ?

Jimi-Hendrix-Band-Of-Gypsys-421764.jpg

:kickass:

Did I get you going on ol Jimi ? I havent heard that one in ages.

I've had 6... yes 6... Dream Theater CD's in steady rotation all week

runs... hides

I bought Are You Experienced? but have not listened to it yet. Hopefully, it's not some historically important, yet incoherent wank.

:rolleyes: you need help ol boy

while I realize "wankery" has become a endeared term amounst music circles to put down the industries best and most intense instrumentalists the only wankery I hear is the people useing the term and other statis quoes regarding what someone is and is not supposed to like to "fit in" and be accepted. Now thats wankery to me. Just my explaination, I probably should not have made, so lets not derail this simple thread.

Are you Experienced is quite historically important both guitar wise and redirecting hard edged music circa '67 and after. Its songs are very short, great hard rockers, some blues and Wind Cry Mary stands out as a ballad of sorts. My favs are Fire (gotta love the verse drum beat), Cross Town Traffic, Manic Depression and WCM but hell its all good IMO. Damn near all songs on that album got AM rock radio air play back in the day which means they were released as 45rpm singles with a fair amount of requests.In fact some singles were not even on the album according to what country it was released in so it gets a bit confusing with the origional LP versions.

Did I get you going on ol Jimi ? I havent heard that one in ages.

Yeah, I hadn't listened to it in ages either. I love the line up on it and the fact that it was thrown together so quickly ads to the liveness of it. Machine Gun is a monster tune.

Razoredge, I'm just being an ass. Don't take it close to heart.Still haven't listened to it yet.

Oh I knew that so one ass deserves another, just lighten up and go with the flo, its all about perspective... hang some beads in your doorway, turn on the black light, light some inscence... the bong... drop some LSD put on some Hendrix and get down with your thing... LOL

** poster does not recommend nor take any liability for those trying drugs at home, this type of behavior is best left to professionals in uncontrolable environments

Seriously, I don't take drugs, man. That's what psychedelic music is for-to let you float and zone out. I view it as a safe substitute of sorts.

I dont "experiment" anymore either, figured that shit out but quick. I was just trying to give off the aura of the era and those were great times, a part of my glory years. I have been thinking I'd like to get a black light and some tapestries(sp?)/posters again, they were great for mood setting environment and frankly I miss it. So much in people and daily life has become so anal in more recent decades, everyone used to be so laid back. I think it was the big hustle and money grab of the artificially stimulated economy that caused it all. Whatever kick back and enjoy some Hendix or Trower... black light and Bridge of Sighs = win

The sun don't shine the moon don't move the tides,to wash me clean
Sun don't shine the moon don't move the tides,to wash me clean
Why so unforgiving and why so cold been a long time crossing Bridge of Sighs
Cold wind blows the Gods look down in anger,on this poor child
Cold wind blows and Gods look down in anger,on this poor child
Why so unforgiving and why so cold Been a long time crossing Bridge of Sighs

If you stand in the light, you get the feel of the ride
And the music that plays in your ears
In your head you can hear, a voice so sweet and clear
And the music that plays in your head
As it flows up from the ground
Taking all who hear that sound
Close your eyes, its about to begin
Hardly daring to breath, a new life you perceive
You try hard not to break the spell
While at once it seems both, so far and yet so close
If you reach out to touch, it will be gone
As it flows up from the ground
Taking all who hear that sound

Gah, must have skimmed over this one when I made that np thread. Whoops...

The Herbaliser - A Mother (For Your Mind)

Excellent 90's stoner chill stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and this tasty morsel

The Prunes - Cantona Style

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGVfum0CiOo&[/ame]